Bitcoin / Altcoin trading; anyone involved?

Bitcoin / Altcoin trading; anyone involved?

Andy Burnett
Has anyone here been brave enough to venture into the seedy underworld of cryptocurrencies?  I've been researching the different exchanges and how trading works, but haven't had the guts to put up any real $$$ yet.  Anybody here involved in trading or mining?  If so, what's your perspective on the industry?

Andy

Re: [Chugalug] Bitcoin / Altcoin trading; anyone involved?

Jason Griffey

I've got some bitcoin that I'm holding, (very small amount, relatively) and I've poked around at mining and such years ago. Not really worth mining at this point because of the electricity vs difficulty cost, unless you set up a solar rig or something where the power cost is highly subsidized in some way. I "use" bitcoin where it makes sense to, and have paid for physical good with it (legal physical goods, let's be clear), and have sent/received lots of times, with friends, strangers, etc.

I've also done a bit of research work around blockchain and its use in digital currencies of all sorts, and specifically in the area of "proof" for blockchain and how alternative proofs other than the Bitcoin-style proof-of-work (proof of space, proof of stake, proof of activity). I'm mostly interested in the effects of decentralization technologies on non-currency, though. :-)

Jason