[Chugalug] About to graduate

Jared Hamilton
Hey Chugalug, I'm anticipating graduation this August and I'm beginning to
apply for jobs. Anyone have any leads as far as good companies I can look at or
job openings in the Chattanooga area?

Other than my degree from Lee (Information Systems B.S.), my experience is
mainly  an internship at Life Care here in Cleveland and tinkering at home with
*nix. I've got a resume if any of you kind folks would want to see it.

--
Jared H.

Re: [Chugalug] About to graduate

John Aldrich-3
I think Windstream is going to have a couple openings here in Dalton.
Not in "IT" but certainly in a related field.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015, at 03:13 PM, Jared Hamilton wrote:

> Hey Chugalug, I'm anticipating graduation this August and I'm beginning
> apply for jobs. Anyone have any leads as far as good companies I can look
> at or
> job openings in the Chattanooga area?
>
> Other than my degree from Lee (Information Systems B.S.), my experience
> is
> mainly  an internship at Life Care here in Cleveland and tinkering at
> home with
> *nix. I've got a resume if any of you kind folks would want to see it.
>
> --
> Jared H.

Re: [Chugalug] About to graduate

Here is my listing of job resources in Chattanooga in IT related fields that are usually missed:

Lamp Post Group is one of the main Venture groups in town and they have a list of job postings for all their companies:
https://boards.greenhouse.io/lamppostgroup

There are also several meetup groups in town, many of which have postings from time to time. You can see that entire listing on http://chadev.com/lunch-slides/#/3
http://chadev.com Which is sort of the meta group in town for devs/IT/etc...
They also run #chadev on irc and http://jobs.chadev.com/

Other startups are under the CoLab http://colab.co and many of those are looking.

http://spartanventures.co/ Might be hiring or hiring for a portfolio company.

(And also here, but you already found that one...)

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 3:41 PM, John Aldrich <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think Windstream is going to have a couple openings here in Dalton.
Not in "IT" but certainly in a related field.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015, at 03:13 PM, Jared Hamilton wrote:
> Hey Chugalug, I'm anticipating graduation this August and I'm beginning
> apply for jobs. Anyone have any leads as far as good companies I can look
> at or
> job openings in the Chattanooga area?
>
> Other than my degree from Lee (Information Systems B.S.), my experience
> is
> mainly  an internship at Life Care here in Cleveland and tinkering at
> home with
> *nix. I've got a resume if any of you kind folks would want to see it.
>
> --
> Jared H.

Re: [Chugalug] About to graduate

Jared Hamilton
Thanks for all the help! I had heard of Lamp Post (wife works across the street
at Full Media) but it looks like a fantastic resource.