[Chugalug] Amateur Radio

12

[Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Know Juan
Any of you guys into amateur radio?

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Mitch Tuck

I am. My callsign is AI4ON.

On Jan 22, 2014 8:49 AM, "Know Juan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any of you guys into amateur radio?

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

I am a Technician class, my callsign is KJ4JXE

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Know Juan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any of you guys into amateur radio?

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Joe Freeman

Cq cq cq de KD4UOW

On Jan 22, 2014 8:49 AM, "Know Juan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any of you guys into amateur radio?

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Mitch Tuck

Stephen here is a good place to search for tests. http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session.

Also there will be testing at the Dalton hamfest on February 22.

On Jan 22, 2014 9:27 AM, "Stephen Kraus" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I listen in sometimes on the aircraft, still don't have my license, I gotta find a place to test.

On Jan 22, 2014 9:04 AM, "Mitch Tuck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am. My callsign is AI4ON.

On Jan 22, 2014 8:49 AM, "Know Juan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any of you guys into amateur radio?

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Stephen Kraus

I'd be up for that. Radios and Radar is all I do for the Air Force, would be nice to have a license to go with it.

Usually I tune into the HAMs on our ARC-190s on our E-8s

On Jan 22, 2014 10:19 AM, "Mitch Tuck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Stephen here is a good place to search for tests. http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session.

Also there will be testing at the Dalton hamfest on February 22.

On Jan 22, 2014 9:27 AM, "Stephen Kraus" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I listen in sometimes on the aircraft, still don't have my license, I gotta find a place to test.

On Jan 22, 2014 9:04 AM, "Mitch Tuck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am. My callsign is AI4ON.

On Jan 22, 2014 8:49 AM, "Know Juan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any of you guys into amateur radio?

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Dee Holtsclaw
On 01/22/2014 08:48 AM, Know Juan wrote:
> Any of you guys into amateur radio?

WD4OQF

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Alex Smith (K4RNT)
I'm K4RNT based up in northern Virginia, Technician class.

" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we’re all damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie, Star Trek: TNG episode "The Drumhead"

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Dee Holtsclaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01/22/2014 08:48 AM, Know Juan wrote:
> Any of you guys into amateur radio?

WD4OQF

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

John Alcock
KE4TQM

John

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Dee Holtsclaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01/22/2014 08:48 AM, Know Juan wrote:
> Any of you guys into amateur radio?

WD4OQF

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Rod-Lists
KF4UWL

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:48:39 -0500, Know Juan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Any of you guys into amateur radio?

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Jonathan Calloway
So, this thread proves that we talk about bit coin AND ham radio here!

<JC>

--
Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Rod-Lists
I dubbed this chugalug working group the WIRED Wireless Society.

I was talking to Unkmar last night about CLI forums to be used in digi radio.
Though there don't seemed to be any I can find. I think I'll use Pygopherd. It can display a unix mail directory as a gopher system.
That plus a mailing list system in split screen should do the trick.

Linux has most the tools that BBS's replicate on non-multi user OS's.

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:56:50 -0500, Jonathan Calloway <[hidden email]> wrote:

So, this thread proves that we talk about bit coin AND ham radio here!

<JC>

On Jan 22, 2014, at 5:08 PM, Rod <[hidden email]> wrote:

KF4UWL

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:48:39 -0500, Know Juan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Any of you guys into amateur radio?

--
Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Bret McHone
I just ordered the Baofeng GT-3. I'm just getting into HAM radio and a friend of mine recommended it as an intro radio. It's a nice upgrade over the UV-5R for just a little more cash. I literally just ordered mine about 10 min ago for $65 as a kit with the usb programming cable and some other accessories.

I got it form Radioddity.com

-B

On Jan 23, 2014, at 4:03 PM, Lynn Dixon wrote:

[...]

Bret,
NICE!! The amazon reviews on those Baofengs are really impressive for how little they cost.  Hell, my Yaseu VX-170 was like $170 (if memory serves correct), and its only a single band 2m radio.  Those BaoFengs are dual banders. $65 is a steal for all that.  Let us know how she does.

What repeaters do you local hams talk on?  I used to talk on WD4DES alot ( http://www.qsl.net/wd4oar/wd4des.htm  )  since it has great coverage, but since my wife ripped my whip off my truck on some utility wires, I haven't been on much.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Bret McHone <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I did an APRS project in college. It was all software based, but depending on what you're trying to do it might help.

I was wondering where the best place is to get started with HAM. Most online sources I've found are just practice tests, does anyone know of any solid online resources for learning? Is it easier to just go take a class?

-Juan

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Justin W Elam

KJ4VXB

Re: [Chugalug] Amateur Radio

Rod-Lists
What are looking for?
I been out of it for a while. Not planned it justed happened.
but there use to be blogs discussing all kinds ham stuff.

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:14:56 -0500, Know Juan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Phil Sieg
WKRP

Phil Sieg
President
SeniorTech LLC / snapfōn®
www.snapfon.com
[hidden email]

Phone: 423.535.9968
Fax: 423.265.9820
Mobile: 423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011

On Jan 23, 2014, at 5:29 PM, Justin W Elam <[hidden email]> wrote:

KJ4VXB

12