[Chugalug] Amazon Cloud Drive no longer unlimited

[Chugalug] Amazon Cloud Drive no longer unlimited

Lynn Dixon
I guess it was too good to be true.  Just saw this today on my own Amazon Cloud Drive:

http://i.imgur.com/sfNfp6x.png

Sadly, I had just used Duplicati to easily upload over 10TB of backup data to ACD.  I was pretty happy with the setup.

Re: [Chugalug] Amazon Cloud Drive no longer unlimited

William D. Roush

I was in a huge argument on /r/datahoarder over me claiming Amazon would pull the plug on abuse. So many “but Amazon has so many resources why would they? They can eat the costs!”. The amount of data that people were uploading for $60/year was insane (data sets that should cost like nearly a thousand dollars a month).

Not surprised, and glad I didn’t end up jumping on that boat for off-site backup.

William Roush | https://www.roushtech.net/

I guess it was too good to be true.  Just saw this today on my own Amazon Cloud Drive:

http://i.imgur.com/sfNfp6x.png

Sadly, I had just used Duplicati to easily upload over 10TB of backup data to ACD.  I was pretty happy with the setup.

Re: [Chugalug] Amazon Cloud Drive no longer unlimited

DaWorm
Well foo...

Re: [Chugalug] Amazon Cloud Drive no longer unlimited

Lynn Dixon
I kind of want to blame hoarders use of encryption for this.  So many tools out there to make encryption and sending data to ACD so easy.   The problem is that it's near impossible for Amazon to do deduplication on encrypted data.

On Jun 8, 2017 6:49 AM, "DaWorm" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well foo...

Re: [Chugalug] Amazon Cloud Drive no longer unlimited

John Aldrich-3
Yeah... they already pulled the plug on Prime Music... now you if you want Amazon music, you have to subscribe to a new service which costs over and above your Amazon Prime subscription. :(