[Chugalug] BeagleBoard releases new board

[Chugalug] BeagleBoard releases new board

Chad Smith
Meet the "Pocket Beagle"

It's about the size of 2 quarters.  Not much in the way of standard connections (USB, HDMI, etc.) but I'm sure the smart people who would be interested in this thing know how to solder.

I'm honestly not sure who the market is - with the Raspberry Pi Zero (and W) being much cheaper, about the same size, and with more standard connections.  (Not sure about the specs - I haven't checked that.)

Re: [Chugalug] BeagleBoard releases new board

Dave Brockman
On 9/21/2017 4:15 PM, Chad Smith wrote:

> Meet the "Pocket Beagle"
>
> http://beagleboard.org/pocket
>
> It's about the size of 2 quarters.  Not much in the way of standard
> connections (USB, HDMI, etc.) but I'm sure the smart people who would be
> interested in this thing know how to solder.
>
> I'm honestly not sure who the market is - with the Raspberry Pi Zero
> (and W) being much cheaper, about the same size, and with more standard
> connections.  (Not sure about the specs - I haven't checked that.)
It has 2 32-bit microcontrollers, and 2 ethernet ports (everything
except the PHYs).  DDR3 vs DDR2 RAM.  This is aimed at people who need
hard clock lines.  Robotics, quadcopters, things that need very
responsive gyro-sensors would be one example.

[Chugalug] I am so royaly @&%$ OFF at Debian that it's not even funny...

kitepilot
First the F$%#@RS shove in us F$#*!N@ systemd.
Now I am trying to download a live CD to fix some issues and you *HAVE* to
download the DAMN thing with a F$@#$!N@ GUI!!!!   8-(

What's happening with Debian, where did it go wrong...
Sigh...
ET

Re: [Chugalug] I am so royaly @&%$ OFF at Debian that it's not even funny...

William D. Roush
On that subject, they've completely replaced MySQL with MariaDB, which some systems won't support (eg: won't even run when they detect it's MariaDB).

So 3rd party repos it is for meeee....

wes

Re: [Chugalug] I am so royaly @&%$ OFF at Debian that it's not even funny...

William D. Roush

SonarQube. Static code analysis platform. They straight up said they won’t support MariaDB. Software detects it as MySQL 5.5 (unsupported) and fails.

On 9/22/2017 1:01 AM, William D. Roush wrote:
> SonarQube. Static code analysis platform. They straight up said they
> won’t support MariaDB. Software detects it as MySQL 5.5 (unsupported)
> and fails.

You mean he.  There's just one ass-hat beating that drum.  You can edit
java class file and bypass the checks.  You can probably even find a
bdiff for <VERSION> if you look hard enough.  I can't believe Simon
hasn't updated/budged on this.  Well, yes, I can, it's precisely why I
stopped using SQ.

Re: [Chugalug] I am so royaly @&%$ OFF at Debian that it's not even funny...

William D. Roush
Sadly there aren't many decent replacements for C# that I can find that provide a web platform (and all of them share not treating branching as first class citizens anyway).

The bdiffs I found were *way* out of date.

I ended up rolling out MySQL 5.7 for now, will have to consider something more long-term though.

On 9/22/2017 3:06 AM, William D. Roush wrote:
> Sadly there aren't many decent replacements for C# that I can find that provide a web platform (and all of them share not treating branching as first class citizens anyway).
>
> The bdiffs I found were *way* out of date.
>
> I ended up rolling out MySQL 5.7 for now, will have to consider something more long-term though.

Maybe you will find something helpful here:

https://github.com/mre/awesome-static-analysis

Cheers,

--dtb