[Chugalug] Bitcoin is trading over $11,000 right now

[Chugalug] Bitcoin is trading over $11,000 right now

Re: [Chugalug] Bitcoin is trading over $11,000 right now

Dan Lyke
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:34:18 -0500
Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/bitcoin-leaves-skeptics-behind-while-blasting-to-record-10-000
>
> Right now, its surging like crazy.  Its over 11,000 USD.

Wow, in Seaweed the Otter Beanie Babies that's 1094! (with Prime
shipping, even...)

Re: [Chugalug] Bitcoin is trading over $11,000 right now

Nick Smith
Its nuts, couple weeks ago it was half that.

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:34:18 -0500
Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/bitcoin-leaves-skeptics-behind-while-blasting-to-record-10-000
>
> Right now, its surging like crazy.  Its over 11,000 USD.

Wow, in Seaweed the Otter Beanie Babies that's 1094! (with Prime
shipping, even...)

Re: [Chugalug] Bitcoin is trading over $11,000 right now

Stephen Kraus
It can only go up uP UP

Rapidly inflation is a good thing right? Just ignore me Lynn, you know I'm just being a troll.

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Its nuts, couple weeks ago it was half that.

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:34:18 -0500
Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/bitcoin-leaves-skeptics-behind-while-blasting-to-record-10-000
>
> Right now, its surging like crazy.  Its over 11,000 USD.

Wow, in Seaweed the Otter Beanie Babies that's 1094! (with Prime
shipping, even...)

Re: [Chugalug] Bitcoin is trading over $11,000 right now

This makes me sick at the moment.  I had 25 bitcoins in Mt Gox when it imploded and one left in my wallet. Last summer I was in a bind and had to sell my last .95BTC for $450.  Now I am staring at my bank account balance, with no job, the day before I begin pitching VCs and angel investors for my new startup wishing I had some of that money back.  It also makes me wonder if I am making the right call with choosing another startup over a "real job".

The last time I did an "app" startup we got lucky and pissed off the right 800lb gorilla in the market and they bought us.  The app was great, our customers loved it, the price was right, but the sales cycle was long.  We were running out of money and luckily someone saw the value of what we had created and bought our product and our team.  Today I am looking over the docs for my new startup and see the same stupid hockey stick we all have to show, but the difference is that I can prove the numbers.  We have paid for and accounted for every single customer in our growth chart via the business plan.  We know EXACTLY how we will make money, but will need the market to validate how much we will make.

I feel at peace with my decision, but every day is a struggle and every night is a constant worry.  I make it through each day by asking everyone I meet if they find value in what we are building.  I refine the pitch. I hone our messaging and I adapt the features to make our product work better.

I am sorry for typing all of this and making some of you read it, but I am an emotional wreck between an entrepreneurs unyielding optimism that we will succeed and a father's need to provide for his family.  What does any of this have to do with the price of Bitcoin?  The last time I did sold a startup my investors made 4.5-11x their investment. Maybe one of you guys will take some of your new found wealth and take a chance on a crazy startup idea that won't change the world, but it will make thousands of peoples lives better and help them plan for their future.

Thanks and sorry.

-Aaron

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Aaron Welch
Chief Mechanic @ Geek Ventures

Re: [Chugalug] Bitcoin is trading over $11,000 right now

Lynn Dixon
This is what find the most interesting:

You will be able to buy Bitcoin futures on NASDAQ coming soon.   Its an amazing time to be a Bitcoiner thats for sure.

I just wished mining hadn't gone to all the big dogs.  There are literally mining farms in China and Indonesia.