[Chugalug] Building a desktop

Unkmar

Trust, Where do you buy parts?
I was using New Egg. Before that, I used ZipZoomFly. I mostly know what I want. Just not sure where to get it.

And lastly, I have a strong affinity against Amazon. Don't ask me why, because I don't have a logical explanation. It is a gut feeling that is likely backed by some bad experience that may not even be directly related to Amazon.

Lucius L. Hilley III

Re: [Chugalug] Building a desktop

Med Dement
I use MICRO Center in Atl.... they ship and never had problem one....http://www.microcenter.com

good luck

Med Dement
[hidden email]

On Nov 22, 2013, at 4:56 PM, Unkmar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Trust, Where do you buy parts?
> I was using New Egg. Before that, I used ZipZoomFly. I mostly know what I want. Just not sure where to get it.
>
> And lastly, I have a strong affinity against Amazon. Don't ask me why, because I don't have a logical explanation. It is a gut feeling that is likely backed by some bad experience that may not even be directly related to Amazon.
>
> Lucius L. Hilley III

Re: [Chugalug] Building a desktop

Eric Wolf
If you have a MicroCenter locally, it's a good place to go. They run CPU+Motherboard deals that can't be beat online.

I shop on NewEgg but usually buy through Amazon. I have no quarrels and love Prime. A while back, I ordered a case from NewEgg only to find out the day before the rest of the parts were to arrive, the case order was cancelled. I was able to order the same case from Amazon and pay $3.99 to get next day delivery.

And then there's the Apple Store for when you don't want to get your hands dirty...

-Eric

Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Med Dement <[hidden email]> wrote:
I use MICRO Center in Atl.... they ship and never had problem one....http://www.microcenter.com

good luck

Med Dement
[hidden email]

On Nov 22, 2013, at 4:56 PM, Unkmar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Trust, Where do you buy parts?
> I was using New Egg. Before that, I used ZipZoomFly. I mostly know what I want. Just not sure where to get it.
>
> And lastly, I have a strong affinity against Amazon. Don't ask me why, because I don't have a logical explanation. It is a gut feeling that is likely backed by some bad experience that may not even be directly related to Amazon.
>
> Lucius L. Hilley III

Re: [Chugalug] Building a desktop

My two primary vendors are Newegg.com and Amazon.com (I used to work for Amazon, however I'm still loyal to their great deals and service), but I usually use PriceGrabber.com for price comparison, and sometimes use eBay as an alternative.

If you want a prebuilt system, I still carry the discount I got from IBM and Lenovo when I was an IBM contractor. Feel free to try it and use it, it's not tied to me personally, and I'm authorized to share it:

www.ibm.com/shop/us/cpp - passcode is 906030

Good luck in finding what you need! :)

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Unkmar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Trust, Where do you buy parts?
I was using New Egg. Before that, I used ZipZoomFly. I mostly know what I want. Just not sure where to get it.

And lastly, I have a strong affinity against Amazon. Don't ask me why, because I don't have a logical explanation. It is a gut feeling that is likely backed by some bad experience that may not even be directly related to Amazon.

Lucius L. Hilley III

" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we’re all damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie, Star Trek: TNG episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)