[Chugalug] Cheap desktop computer?

John Dills
Anyone have a cheap desktop computer that I could buy (or hell, if you have one I could take apart and rebuild for free, that'd be fine too because I'm not gonna have much use for it after that).

I really just need a desktop that I can disassemble and reassemble.

Thanks in advanced!

Re: [Chugalug] Cheap desktop computer?

Aaron welch
What is your budget? I have a couple.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 27, 2018, at 4:23 PM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone have a cheap desktop computer that I could buy (or hell, if you have one I could take apart and rebuild for free, that'd be fine too because I'm not gonna have much use for it after that).
>
> I really just need a desktop that I can disassemble and reassemble.
>
> Thanks in advanced!

Re: [Chugalug] Cheap desktop computer?

JustinMcAfee
What's the end goal? I've got a couple of old desktops you could fiddle with, just need to DBAN the hard-drive. Are you studying for the A+ or similar?

-jm

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On 1/27/2018 4:23 PM, John Dills wrote:
> I really just need a desktop that I can disassemble and reassemble.

Unplug HDD, remove RAM.  Congratulations, you just disassembled a modern
desktop computer.  Connect HDD, re-seat RAM.  Congratulations, you just
assembled a modern desktop computer.  What is your end goal?

Re: [Chugalug] Cheap desktop computer?

Stephen Kraus
Obviously you need tons of blinky lights, water cooling, and an excess power draw compared to a Bladecenter to have the true Desktop experience.

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 9:58 AM, Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 1/27/2018 4:23 PM, John Dills wrote:
> I really just need a desktop that I can disassemble and reassemble.

Unplug HDD, remove RAM.  Congratulations, you just disassembled a modern
desktop computer.  Connect HDD, re-seat RAM.  Congratulations, you just
assembled a modern desktop computer.  What is your end goal?

Re: [Chugalug] Cheap desktop computer?

John Dills
Eh! I'm aware of how to do it! I built my desktop. I just need to take pictures of it from ground up. But I may be good and not need to actually do it. It's for a cert but I think they made it just a practice assignment instead of a requirement