[Chugalug] Cryptoparty - Chattanooga, Feb 6th Edny Innovation Center 5th floor 1700-2000

[Chugalug] Cryptoparty - Chattanooga, Feb 6th Edny Innovation Center 5th floor 1700-2000

JustinMcAfee
What: Cryptoparty for those unfamiliar with Encryption
Where: Edny, 5th Floor
When: Tues, Feb 6th, 1700-2000
Link: https://www.cryptoparty.in/chattanooga_tn#UpcomingEvents

Just a reminder, the cryptoparty I referenced in my introduction email will be Tuesday Feb 6th at the Edny Innovation Center's 5th floor from 1700-2000. Discussions will cover the use of primarily F/OSS plug-and-play encryption programs including TOR, TOR Browser, VPN, OTR (Off-the-Record) Messaging apps Signal/Silence, Password managers Buttercup.pw, Keepass, and Lastpass, On-site Encrypted Storage through BackBlaze/SpiderOak, use of VeraCrypt for FDE, and the install and configuration of the TAILS OS (The Amnesic Incognito Live System).

****This is a NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED party****
Attendees will only be expected to have a basic level of technical know-how. Our last attendees included people as young as 14 and as old as 70. All experience levels are welcome and encouraged to attend. This is an opportunity to cooperatively share and build each other up in an open and welcoming format.

Attendees are welcome to bring phones, laptops, jumpdrives, tablets, of the WIN/MAC/*NIX variety and receive assistance in the install, configuration, and use of the aforementioned apps. Attendees are also welcome to bring appropriate documentation to perform key signing if necessary or desired.

Please contact me with any questions. Those willing to help instruct and demonstrate a topic in a small group (<5 people) setting are always needed and appreciated.

Justin McAfee, cipher6
PGP Public Key:
https://flowcrypt.com/pub/justinamcafee
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider *
* whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,       *
* foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. *