[Chugalug] Diving into Mailman3...

Michael Harrison

Setup a test server on debian 10 and am diving into MailMan 3.. and it's entire ecosystem...

Why does EVERYTHING need an entire ecosystem?

Anyway, will keep ya'll apprised.

Re: [Chugalug] Diving into Mailman3...

Dave Brockman
On 1/28/2020 7:47 PM, Michael Harrison wrote:

> Setup a test server on debian 10 and am diving into MailMan 3.. and it's
> entire ecosystem...
>
> Why does EVERYTHING need an entire ecosystem?
>
> Anyway, will keep ya'll apprised.

I'm keeping a few servers at Debian 9 (LTS) for awhile longer.  No
encryptfs module is kind of a PITA for some of my installs.  You've been
doing the Mailman dance long enough to know it requires its own
"ecosystem".  v3 was easier to "hit the ground running semi-sanely" than
v2 was though, at least at release.  (Thankfully) I haven't had to play
with it in a few years....

Cheers,

-Dave

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 4:47 PM Michael Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
Setup a test server on debian 10 and am diving into MailMan 3.. and it's entire ecosystem...

Why does EVERYTHING need an entire ecosystem?

I remember when Majordomo stopped working and I thought "okay, Mailman is the new hotness, I'll switch to that...", and.. yeah, those mailing lists no longer exist. Sigh.