[Chugalug] EPB NAT'd me. WTF?!?

Mike Harrison-4

Trying do some ring-u work at home, couldn’t get some important weird things to work well, my port forwarding on my router was broken.

Seems my WAN IP is now: 100.66.145.111 WTF?!? Sadly, it’s 3am, my uber-productive time. and I’m “NAT’d”. Cripes.

Re: [Chugalug] EPB NAT'd me. WTF?!?

John Dills
Should be able to call them and get it disabled (or webchat in) like right now. I don’t work there anymore but let me know if you have issues :)

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 1:58 AM Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:

Trying do some ring-u work at home, couldn’t get some important weird things to work well, my port forwarding on my router was broken.

Seems my WAN IP is now: 100.66.145.111 WTF?!? Sadly, it’s 3am, my uber-productive time. and I’m “NAT’d”. Cripes.

Re: [Chugalug] EPB NAT'd me. WTF?!?

Mike Harrison-4
In tech hold queue.(12 min so far). Honestly impressed the phone was answered by a human at all.

What’s sad is I’m on an address range I helped EPB get assigned from ARIN in 2002.

> On Aug 25, 2018, at 3:08 AM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Should be able to call them and get it disabled (or webchat in) like right now. I don’t work there anymore but let me know if you have issues :)

Re: [Chugalug] EPB NAT'd me. WTF?!?

and.. back on the ‘net. :)

> On Aug 25, 2018, at 3:08 AM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Should be able to call them and get it disabled (or webchat in) like right now. I don’t work there anymore but let me know if you have issues :)
>
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 1:58 AM Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Trying do some ring-u work at home, couldn’t get some important weird things to work well, my port forwarding on my router was broken.
>
> Seems my WAN IP is now: 100.66.145.111 WTF?!? Sadly, it’s 3am, my uber-productive time. and I’m “NAT’d”. Cripes.

Re: [Chugalug] EPB NAT'd me. WTF?!?

John Dills
Yay! Glad it worked out :)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 25, 2018, at 2:30 AM, Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> and.. back on the ‘net. :)
>

>> On Aug 25, 2018, at 3:08 AM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Should be able to call them and get it disabled (or webchat in) like right now. I don’t work there anymore but let me know if you have issues :)
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 1:58 AM Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Trying do some ring-u work at home, couldn’t get some important weird things to work well, my port forwarding on my router was broken.
>>
>> Seems my WAN IP is now: 100.66.145.111 WTF?!? Sadly, it’s 3am, my uber-productive time. and I’m “NAT’d”. Cripes.

Re: [Chugalug] EPB NAT'd me. WTF?!?

Billy
Comcast, Brighthouse/TWC/Charter/Spectrum had cable routers were if you could reset it to factory conditions and keep it from downloading the bootstrap config, you could then log into it with default credentials and set up bridging yourself.

The easiest way to do that?

Unplug it from the cable while you factory reset it.

Then plug the cable back in after you configured it. The bootstrap config wouldn’t override your bridge settings.

--b

> On Aug 25, 2018, at 3:37 AM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yay! Glad it worked out :)
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 25, 2018, at 2:30 AM, Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> and.. back on the ‘net. :)
>>

>>> On Aug 25, 2018, at 3:08 AM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Should be able to call them and get it disabled (or webchat in) like right now. I don’t work there anymore but let me know if you have issues :)
>>>
>>> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 1:58 AM Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Trying do some ring-u work at home, couldn’t get some important weird things to work well, my port forwarding on my router was broken.
>>>
>>> Seems my WAN IP is now: 100.66.145.111 WTF?!? Sadly, it’s 3am, my uber-productive time. and I’m “NAT’d”. Cripes.

Re: [Chugalug] EPB NAT'd me. WTF?!?

Lisa Harrison Ridley
Well hell, I’m Nat’d too….100.66.1.52 >:-(

This explains the degraded service over the past few weeks...

> On Aug 25, 2018, at 2:58 AM, Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Trying do some ring-u work at home, couldn’t get some important weird things to work well, my port forwarding on my router was broken.
>
> Seems my WAN IP is now: 100.66.145.111 WTF?!? Sadly, it’s 3am, my uber-productive time. and I’m “NAT’d”. Cripes.

Re: [Chugalug] EPB NAT'd me. WTF?!?

Lisa Harrison Ridley
And two tech calls later, we are back in business...