[Chugalug] Elemental Linux - and video card question

[Chugalug] Elemental Linux - and video card question

Mike Harrison-4

Just got done installing Elemental Linux on another system. https://elementary.io/

It’s on 2 Linux laptops I use now for general purpose stuff. Very nicely polished UI (Running LightDM with some tweaks)
and as I’m a power user at the CLI, not the GUI, they few things the GUI lacks for a power user aren’t an issue.

I want to run it on a box at home that I was I also going to use as a Plex server and home media server... but the Asus EN210 (Nvidia) video card has some serious weird problems.. (it was someone else Winders ‘puter before I got it)

So question to the group: Got a favorite "PCI-E x16” reasonably priced (<$100) video card that has HDMI Out that Linux would work well with? I’m kinda out of the loop/practice on desktop boxes and Linux video card shenanigans.

Re: [Chugalug] Elemental Linux - and video card question

Jonathan Calloway
I remember playing with Elementary a few years back, and my main issue was that it was based on an older version of Ubuntu and so newer packages could not be installed.

Since I’ve heard a lot of good reviews about the latest version, I’ve installed it in a VM, and it seems so far that they have made some significant improvements.

I’m thinking of maybe installing it on an old 2008 MacBook Pro to see how it runs on that, but I think it has an Nvidia chest if I’m not mistaken. .

<JC>