[Chugalug] FogProject.org - Clone System

[Chugalug] FogProject.org - Clone System

Mike Harrison

Been looking at this, and thought I would share: It's a
little more advanced than Clonezilla for some things,  with more of a
focus on desktop re-imaging, including some utilities for managing Winders systems
being re-imaged.

http://fogproject.org

Runs on a Redhat or Ubuntu server.

Anyone have anything they like better that Clonezilla
(http://clonezilla.org) for making/restoring an image from a bootable
USB/CD ? That's what I am used to, but about to do a lot of it and
am looking for tools.

--Mike--

Re: [Chugalug] FogProject.org - Clone System

Nick Smith
I tried to use it about a year ago, it has a nice pxe boot option, you flag the mac and it is suppose to boot into an imaging mode, and/or a mode to run antivirus etc.
Unfortunately it wasnt compatible with the lenovo machines we were using, its pretty picky about the bios.
We went back to clonezilla until we get SCCM/WDS setup and running.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:

Been looking at this, and thought I would share: It's a
little more advanced than Clonezilla for some things,  with more of a focus on desktop re-imaging, including some utilities for managing Winders systems being re-imaged.

http://fogproject.org

Runs on a Redhat or Ubuntu server.

Anyone have anything they like better that Clonezilla (http://clonezilla.org) for making/restoring an image from a bootable USB/CD ? That's what I am used to, but about to do a lot of it and
am looking for tools.

--Mike--

Re: [Chugalug] FogProject.org - Clone System

Rip Linton
I had issues trying to use it with a bunch of Toshiba laptops too. It would never finish the boot. I went back to Clonezilla and got it done.

Rip

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Rip Linton wrote:
> I had issues trying to use it with a bunch of Toshiba laptops too. It would never finish the boot. I went back to Clonezilla and got it done.

Ya'll have saved me a bunch of time playing, as I only need to do a
handful of servers, I'll stick with Clonezilla. Thanks.