[Chugalug] For sale... RAM & Synology

David White-2
I have 2x 2GB DDR3 modules for sale (Crucial) -- so 4GB total. Make an offer.

I also have a Synology NAS -- DS216, with two 1TB Western Digital NAS (RED) hard drives.
  • I was hoping to get around $250 for the whole thing.

Re: [Chugalug] For sale... RAM & Synology

David White-2
I'd rather sell locally than have to ship this thing.

I'll take $200 for the NAS with the drives.

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 7:44 PM, David White <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have 2x 2GB DDR3 modules for sale (Crucial) -- so 4GB total. Make an offer.

I also have a Synology NAS -- DS216, with two 1TB Western Digital NAS (RED) hard drives.
  • I was hoping to get around $250 for the whole thing.

Re: [Chugalug] For sale... RAM & Synology

Aaron welch
Thanks for the link Worm.  That is what I was looking for.

-A

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 9:48 AM, DaWorm <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great deal, but I've already got my home built 8 bay Xpenology box running well.  Otherwise I'd have jumped on that.

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Dean Warren <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dang that's a steal. I am loving my little Synology NAS.

On Mon, May 28, 2018, 10:57 AM David White <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd rather sell locally than have to ship this thing.

I'll take $200 for the NAS with the drives.

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 7:44 PM, David White <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have 2x 2GB DDR3 modules for sale (Crucial) -- so 4GB total. Make an offer.

I also have a Synology NAS -- DS216, with two 1TB Western Digital NAS (RED) hard drives.
  • I was hoping to get around $250 for the whole thing.

Aaron Welch
Chief Mechanic @ Geek Ventures

Re: [Chugalug] For sale... RAM & Synology

DaWorm
I bought this one:  UNAS

Depending on the board you put in it and the controller card for the drives, it can be an extremely tight fit.  I went overboard and got a board and CPU with full virtualization and installed ESXI on an SSD tucked into a corner, running Xpenology in a VM.  Had a couple of other VMs all of which are now dormant, so it was a waste of effort.  If you don't need all of that, it is easier to make everything fit and easier to keep cool with a much simpler board (an Atom will run the NAS, but if you want stuff like Plex Server running in DSM, then I'd recommend a better CPU).  And you can boot Xpenology the easy way off of a USB stick (MB header with USB makes this a breeze) since it doesn't ever write to the boot partition.

Jeff.

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 4:12 PM, Alex Smith (K4RNT) <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I have 2 Drobo 800fs devices for sale if you are interested.
I can load up one with 4TB drives if you would like as well.

$500 without the drives obo.

[...]

[Chugalug] Synology DS216 and Synology DS713+ For Sale

David White-2
Ok, my NAS is still for sale. And now I've got a 2nd one for sale. I'm no longer selling it with drives included -- only diskless.

DS216, diskless: $150
DS713+, diskless: $275

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 6:01 PM DaWorm <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Re: [Chugalug] Synology DS216 and Synology DS713+ For Sale

David White-2
Still collecting dust over here...
I'm willing to consider offers.

For now, I'm going to drop the prices a bit:

DS216 for $125
DS713+ for $225