[Chugalug] Goodbye Chattanooga

12

Re: [Chugalug] Goodbye Chattanooga

Stephen Haywood
There are Infosec jobs in Chattanooga? Who knew. I’ve been doing infosec remotely for 7 years for this exact reason. That and there is no one in town willing to pay what I can make outside of the region.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:20 PM John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
Haha, luckily I got a place near work.

Also, I agree on the job part. I probably would’ve stayed in Chattanooga if I could’ve found an entry level infosec job but they all required like five years of experience...

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:52 PM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good luck and enjoy Houston traffic!

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 6:30 PM Aaron welch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and farewell!

I will most likely be leaving the area as well in the near future. Chattanooga is not the thriving technology hub that paint it to be in the news.

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:15 PM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> You may know me as the guy who occasionally responds to Chugalug threads about EPB problems (since I work in their NOC) - however, starting July 27th I will no longer be that guy. I'm relocating to Houston for a job out there.
>
> I'll still be active (probably more so!) but I thought I'd let everyone know.
>

> Thanks,
> John Dills
Stephen Haywood
CISSP, OSCP, OSCE
423.305.3700

Re: [Chugalug] Goodbye Chattanooga

JustinMcAfee
Anyone of you willing to give a young and aspiring No Beard some GreyHat mentoring? Can pay in gratitude and the sense of fulfillment that comes from watching someone take your words of wisdom and bloom into a proverbial butterfly or something. Plus I'm good for a pint every now and again!

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

On Jul 6, 2018, 21:11, Stephen Haywood < [hidden email]> wrote:

There are Infosec jobs in Chattanooga? Who knew. I’ve been doing infosec remotely for 7 years for this exact reason. That and there is no one in town willing to pay what I can make outside of the region.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:20 PM John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
Haha, luckily I got a place near work.

Also, I agree on the job part. I probably would’ve stayed in Chattanooga if I could’ve found an entry level infosec job but they all required like five years of experience...

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:52 PM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good luck and enjoy Houston traffic!

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 6:30 PM Aaron welch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and farewell!

I will most likely be leaving the area as well in the near future. Chattanooga is not the thriving technology hub that paint it to be in the news.

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:15 PM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> You may know me as the guy who occasionally responds to Chugalug threads about EPB problems (since I work in their NOC) - however, starting July 27th I will no longer be that guy. I'm relocating to Houston for a job out there.
>
> I'll still be active (probably more so!) but I thought I'd let everyone know.
>

> Thanks,
> John Dills
Stephen Haywood
CISSP, OSCP, OSCE
423.305.3700

Re: [Chugalug] Goodbye Chattanooga

Stephen Haywood
Email me off list.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 10:22 PM JustinMcAfee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Anyone of you willing to give a young and aspiring No Beard some GreyHat mentoring? Can pay in gratitude and the sense of fulfillment that comes from watching someone take your words of wisdom and bloom into a proverbial butterfly or something. Plus I'm good for a pint every now and again!

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

On Jul 6, 2018, 21:11, Stephen Haywood < [hidden email]> wrote:

There are Infosec jobs in Chattanooga? Who knew. I’ve been doing infosec remotely for 7 years for this exact reason. That and there is no one in town willing to pay what I can make outside of the region.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:20 PM John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
Haha, luckily I got a place near work.

Also, I agree on the job part. I probably would’ve stayed in Chattanooga if I could’ve found an entry level infosec job but they all required like five years of experience...

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:52 PM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good luck and enjoy Houston traffic!

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 6:30 PM Aaron welch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and farewell!

I will most likely be leaving the area as well in the near future. Chattanooga is not the thriving technology hub that paint it to be in the news.

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:15 PM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> You may know me as the guy who occasionally responds to Chugalug threads about EPB problems (since I work in their NOC) - however, starting July 27th I will no longer be that guy. I'm relocating to Houston for a job out there.
>
> I'll still be active (probably more so!) but I thought I'd let everyone know.
>

> Thanks,
> John Dills
Stephen Haywood
CISSP, OSCP, OSCE
423.305.3700
Stephen Haywood
CISSP, OSCP, OSCE
423.305.3700

Re: [Chugalug] Goodbye Chattanooga

Billy
As one of the two Red Hatters on the list... I can agree to what Lynn writes.

You can work remote as well. I interact daily with engineering, support, project managers, of all various disciplines and titles - who are remote.

--b

On Jul 5, 2018, at 10:49 PM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is metric crap tons of well paying, IT related jobs in the Raleigh / RDU / RTP / Durham / areas.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:39 PM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:
If it isn't Chattanooga we're going back out west.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 10:38 PM Aaron welch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Try Nashville, Knoxville, Huntsville, or Birmingham. Chattanooga is a black hole for IT work.

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

On Jul 5, 2018, at 10:27 PM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Atlanta.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 10:27 PM John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where are you currently at?

On Jul 5, 2018, at 10:23 PM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yeah, the wife and I want to move back to Chattanooga. Job hunting now.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 10:20 PM John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
Haha, luckily I got a place near work.

Also, I agree on the job part. I probably would’ve stayed in Chattanooga if I could’ve found an entry level infosec job but they all required like five years of experience...

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:52 PM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good luck and enjoy Houston traffic!

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 6:30 PM Aaron welch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats and farewell!

I will most likely be leaving the area as well in the near future. Chattanooga is not the thriving technology hub that paint it to be in the news.

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:15 PM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> You may know me as the guy who occasionally responds to Chugalug threads about EPB problems (since I work in their NOC) - however, starting July 27th I will no longer be that guy. I'm relocating to Houston for a job out there.
>
> I'll still be active (probably more so!) but I thought I'd let everyone know.
>

> Thanks,
> John Dills
12