[Chugalug] If you bought $100 in Bitcoin 7 years ago, you'd have $75 million right now

[Chugalug] If you bought $100 in Bitcoin 7 years ago, you'd have $75 million right now

Lynn Dixon
That statement was made when the exchange rate was at $2200 USD / BTC.    The rate is now sitting at roughly $2700 USD / BTC and its expected to hit $3000 very soon.

Japan is widely adopting the currency, even creating regulation to allow its use for normal transactions inside the country.

Re: [Chugalug] If you bought $100 in Bitcoin 7 years ago, you'd have $75 million right now

Ed King-2

minus taxes

That statement was made when the exchange rate was at $2200 USD / BTC.    The rate is now sitting at roughly $2700 USD / BTC and its expected to hit $3000 very soon.

Japan is widely adopting the currency, even creating regulation to allow its use for normal transactions inside the country.

Re: [Chugalug] If you bought $100 in Bitcoin 7 years ago, you'd have $75 million right now

William D. Roush

Interesting question: BitCoin has a market cap of 43b based off circulating supply, but how much of that is lost due to lost wallets and whatnot from the days where mining coins was easy as pie?

Someone brought this up to me a couple days ago and I was curious how difficult it would be to liquidate $75m of Bitcoin, but looking at the market volume (>1b/week), apparently not too hard.

Volume is up 10x since last month though, that’s insane… any speculation on the reason?

William Roush | https://www.roushtech.net/

That statement was made when the exchange rate was at $2200 USD / BTC.    The rate is now sitting at roughly $2700 USD / BTC and its expected to hit $3000 very soon.

Japan is widely adopting the currency, even creating regulation to allow its use for normal transactions inside the country.

That statement was made when the exchange rate was at $2200 USD / BTC.    The rate is now sitting at roughly $2700 USD / BTC and its expected to hit $3000 very soon.

Japan is widely adopting the currency, even creating regulation to allow its use for normal transactions inside the country.

Re: [Chugalug] If you bought $100 in Bitcoin 7 years ago, you'd have $75 million right now

William D. Roush

I’m pretty sure anyone shoveling any decent amount of money out of BTC into another currency doesn’t want to talk about it, considering a lot of the reasons for people using BTC now-a-day (ransomware, illegal activities, etc.).

I doubt we’ll see numbers that high, I do wonder how much of that volume is just internal transactions vs. money in and out of the system.