[Chugalug] Javascript on F20, firefox-29.0-5

[Chugalug] Javascript on F20, firefox-29.0-5

John Aldrich-2
I have a website which I visit frequently and it is complaining that
Javascript is disabled. I have installed icedtea-web as well as Open-JDK 1.8,
and restarted Firefox, but it's still complaining that JS is disabled. How do
I enable it? I have looked in FF and I don't see anything???

Re: [Chugalug] Javascript on F20, firefox-29.0-5

John Aldrich
Quoting Wil Wade <[hidden email]>:

> I find it unlikely that your JS is disable, albeit possible.
>
> Here is a random easy site to test your JS to see if it is disabled:
> http://www.adspeed.com/Knowledges/262/Problems_Account/howto_test_browser_supports_JavaScript.html

Thanks, Will... I'll try that when I get home. :)

Re: [Chugalug] Javascript on F20, firefox-29.0-5

Ed King

    In the address bar, type "about:config" (with no quotes), and press Enter.
    Click "I'll be careful, I promise"
    In the search bar, search for "javascript.enabled" (with no quotes).
    Right click the result named "javascript.enabled" and click "Toggle". JavaScript is now disabled.

To Re-enable JavaScript, repeat these steps.

 Subject: [Chugalug] Javascript on F20, firefox-29.0-5
 To: "CHUGALUG" <[hidden email]>

Quoting Ed King <[hidden email]>:

>     In the address bar, type "about:config" (with no quotes), and
> press Enter.
>     Click "I'll be careful, I promise"
>     In the search bar, search for "javascript.enabled" (with no quotes).
>     Right click the result named "javascript.enabled" and click
> "Toggle". JavaScript is now disabled.
>
> To Re-enable JavaScript, repeat these steps.

Thanks, Ed. I'll check that when I get home. :) For all I know, it may
be disabled by default.

Re: [Chugalug] Javascript on F20, firefox-29.0-5

On Wed, 14 May 2014 06:34:16 -0400
John Aldrich <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have a website which I visit frequently and it is complaining that
> Javascript is disabled. I have installed icedtea-web as well as
> Open-JDK 1.8, and restarted Firefox, but it's still complaining that
> JS is disabled. How do I enable it? I have looked in FF and I don't
> see anything???

On recent versions of Firefox, I've had trouble with JavaScript heavy
sites not working, turned on Firebug, and discovered that those sites
were causing errors that weren't occurring in Chrome.

I suspect that your target web site is doing questionable things to the
DOM and needs to get smacked.

Quoting Dan Lyke <[hidden email]>:

> On recent versions of Firefox, I've had trouble with JavaScript heavy
> sites not working, turned on Firebug, and discovered that those sites
> were causing errors that weren't occurring in Chrome.
>
> I suspect that your target web site is doing questionable things to the
> DOM and needs to get smacked.

Hmm... OK. I'll send you the site off-list and let you see. :)