[Chugalug] Light freelance contracting gig

[Chugalug] Light freelance contracting gig

David White-2
Here's your semi-annual notice that I'm looking for contractors! Those of you on the list will know that I post basically the same message about once or twice a year. :)

I'm looking for someone interested in (mostly) WordPress freelance work and in Linux server administration. Also sometimes there's custom PHP coding mixed in, and then there's the really random stuff for some of my random clients, but I won't get into that...

Generally speaking, I want a little bit of extra help monitoring our existing systems. There's no requirement for you to "do" anything at any particular time. My arrangement with my current and former contractors has been: You get added to our  email ticket support system and I add your email address to Nagios (which we use to monitor or servers). Then, if an issue does come up, AND you are available AND you are able / willing to fix whatever is wrong, then you can jump in and fix the problem, whatever that might be - and I pay you for your time. Just as simple as that.

We're currently managing about 15 servers, all of which are CentOS, and all of which are in the cloud. 2 of these are running cPanel, and the rest just run basic LAMP stacks without any GUI. We utilize 2 main cloud providers, as well as a smaller 3rd provider that acts as our secondary MX, DNS, and server that runs our support system. (We use osTicket for our support platform).

If you're interested, give me a shout here, or email me: david[at]developcents[dot]com. Apologies in advance if you see this multiple times - I'm going to cross-post in a few different places.

[Chugalug] [OT] AI Observations [WAS: Light freelance contracting gig]

Chad Smith
Probably OT but I thought some might find this interesting....

I have no idea why - but Gmail wants to translate this message from Irish to English.  (Doing so changes about 1/3 of the words to Title Case - and then changes random words like "once" to "delimited" and ""do"" into ""FOR""....)

- Chad W. Smith