[Chugalug] Linux just feels natural to me.

[Chugalug] Linux just feels natural to me.

Unkmar
My general preference has been LXDE on Debian.

It has been months since I used Linux. I mean REALLY used Linux. OMG,
I still love it. Felt a little rusty at first and then things just
started feeling good again. Part of the funny feeling is that I really
love the feel of the command line for most things. Synaptic is funny
feeling and clunky. I hope aptitude never goes away. For me synaptic,
apt and apt-get still require a bit of bumbling around to find things.
Those are great when you know almost exactly what package you want.
But aptitude is just easier to use. Ah... Bliss. I am never more
reminded of how much I hate Windows than the comfort and natural feel
of using Linux. Too bad this particular Linux install is in a VM.
Oh well. #LoveLinux

Lucius L. Hilley III - Unkmar

Re: [Chugalug] Linux just feels natural to me.

Michael Scholten
12 days later...

I was reminded of how thankful I am for Linux when I had to wait on a customer to upgrade his mac book pro from version 10.10 to 10.15. Something around 2.5 hours... Completely unusable during that time too. Much like many of Windows' updates. Thankfully I had other things I needed to work on while I waited.

Updating any of my Linux boxes and/or laptops, even a major version update, is nearly painless and done in the back ground. No staring at a spinning circle twiddling my thumbs!

Likewise, I feel much more comfortable in the command line. Granted, most things can be done from the GUI for the average Joe but it's so much easier to just drop into a terminal and run a couple commands. Ok, for us it's easier ;)

-Michael