[Chugalug] Local/Regional EPB IP Address Ranges

[Chugalug] Local/Regional EPB IP Address Ranges

Mike Harrison-4
I’m setting up some rules in a pfSense box, and I’d like to limit some rules to local IP addresses.

Regional EPB specifically, but it might be useful to have Comcast or others as well.

Anyone got a good list of the public IP blocks EPB uses?

—Mike—

ps: the more recent pfSense version (2.3+) is pretty sweet.

Re: [Chugalug] Local/Regional EPB IP Address Ranges

John Dills
Mang, that network speed average looks inaccurate. Granted, it could just be because people like to have WRT54Gs plugged up to their 100mbps connection...

Also, you could always use ARIN (which is where I imagine the data from ipinfo is being pulled from.)

Granted - ARIN doesn't list the Unum blocks and things like that. But I like ARIN more because it's just more fun to me.

https://whois.arin.net/rest/org/EPBTE/nets

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Jason Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here are the EPB IP address blocks I am aware of:

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 8:40 AM, Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’m setting up some rules in a pfSense box, and I’d like to limit some rules to local IP addresses.

Regional EPB specifically, but it might be useful to have Comcast or others as well.

Anyone got a good list of the public IP blocks EPB uses?

—Mike—

ps: the more recent pfSense version (2.3+) is pretty sweet.

Re: [Chugalug] Local/Regional EPB IP Address Ranges

Mike Harrison-4
Laughing, THANK YOU!

I forgot all about lookup via ARIN.. It's worse because umpteen years ago I filled out the paperwork for EPB to get:  EPBTELECOM (NET-66-18-32-0-1) 66.18.32.0 - 66.18.63.255

—Mike-

> On Mar 13, 2017, at 10:12 AM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Mang, that network speed average looks inaccurate. Granted, it could just be because people like to have WRT54Gs plugged up to their 100mbps connection...
>
> Also, you could always use ARIN (which is where I imagine the data from ipinfo is being pulled from.)
>
> Granted - ARIN doesn't list the Unum blocks and things like that. But I like ARIN more because it's just more fun to me.
>
> https://whois.arin.net/rest/org/EPBTE/nets
>
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Jason Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Here are the EPB IP address blocks I am aware of:
>
> http://ipinfo.io/AS26827#blocks
>
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 8:40 AM, Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I’m setting up some rules in a pfSense box, and I’d like to limit some rules to local IP addresses.
>
> Regional EPB specifically, but it might be useful to have Comcast or others as well.
>
> Anyone got a good list of the public IP blocks EPB uses?
>
> —Mike—
>
> ps: the more recent pfSense version (2.3+) is pretty sweet.

Re: [Chugalug] Local/Regional EPB IP Address Ranges

Dave Brockman
On 3/13/2017 10:28 AM, Mike Harrison wrote:
> Laughing, THANK YOU!
>
> I forgot all about lookup via ARIN.. It's worse because umpteen years ago I filled out the paperwork for EPB to get:  EPBTELECOM (NET-66-18-32-0-1) 66.18.32.0 - 66.18.63.255
>
> —Mike-

If you only check ARIN assignments, you may miss a few things...

http://bgp.he.net/AS26827#_prefixes

Which also doesn't cover prefixes of EPB peers that are announced
either.  Networks range is not listed there, Peace range is not listed,
my personal range is not listed.

Re: [Chugalug] Local/Regional EPB IP Address Ranges

Lynn Dixon
Dave,
I think Peace uses VPNtranet as the name for their IP's.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 3/13/2017 10:28 AM, Mike Harrison wrote:
> Laughing, THANK YOU!
>
> I forgot all about lookup via ARIN.. It's worse because umpteen years ago I filled out the paperwork for EPB to get:  EPBTELECOM (NET-66-18-32-0-1)   66.18.32.0 - 66.18.63.255
>
> —Mike-

If you only check ARIN assignments, you may miss a few things...

http://bgp.he.net/AS26827#_prefixes

Which also doesn't cover prefixes of EPB peers that are announced
either.  Networks range is not listed there, Peace range is not listed,
my personal range is not listed.

Re: [Chugalug] Local/Regional EPB IP Address Ranges

John Dills
IIRC VPNIntranet became Peace.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dave,
I think Peace uses VPNtranet as the name for their IP's.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 3/13/2017 10:28 AM, Mike Harrison wrote:
> Laughing, THANK YOU!
>
> I forgot all about lookup via ARIN.. It's worse because umpteen years ago I filled out the paperwork for EPB to get:  EPBTELECOM (NET-66-18-32-0-1)   66.18.32.0 - 66.18.63.255
>
> —Mike-

If you only check ARIN assignments, you may miss a few things...

http://bgp.he.net/AS26827#_prefixes

Which also doesn't cover prefixes of EPB peers that are announced
either.  Networks range is not listed there, Peace range is not listed,
my personal range is not listed.

Re: [Chugalug] Local/Regional EPB IP Address Ranges

John Dills
And yes, you'll miss BGP announcements if you look at Arin, but for most case & purposes, ARIN data is plenty.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 2:33 PM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
IIRC VPNIntranet became Peace.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dave,
I think Peace uses VPNtranet as the name for their IP's.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 3/13/2017 10:28 AM, Mike Harrison wrote:
> Laughing, THANK YOU!
>
> I forgot all about lookup via ARIN.. It's worse because umpteen years ago I filled out the paperwork for EPB to get:  EPBTELECOM (NET-66-18-32-0-1)   66.18.32.0 - 66.18.63.255
>
> —Mike-

If you only check ARIN assignments, you may miss a few things...

http://bgp.he.net/AS26827#_prefixes

Which also doesn't cover prefixes of EPB peers that are announced
either.  Networks range is not listed there, Peace range is not listed,
my personal range is not listed.

Re: [Chugalug] Local/Regional EPB IP Address Ranges

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 2:33 PM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:
IIRC VPNIntranet became Peace.

AH... that makes sense.   I've only worked with Jim Peace when it came to getting pricing and setup.  Worked with LaMonte when I was onsite racking my equipment.  I have only had to visit the datacenter twice since I have been a customer: Once to rack everything, and the second time to pull out a simple switch and replace it with a good pfSense 1U appliance.  They have been 100% uptime since my first day with them.   I've been co-located with them for over 3 years now.  Very happy there, and I'd highly recommend them.