[Chugalug] Looking for cheap PCIe SAS controller card

[Chugalug] Looking for cheap PCIe SAS controller card

Michael Ward
Anyone got some used ones to sell?   I'm looking at your Aaron Welch....

Re: [Chugalug] Looking for cheap PCIe SAS controller card

Aaron welch
I have one, but I am out of town at the moment.

-Aaron

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Oct 10, 2018, at 5:00 PM, Michael Ward <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone got some used ones to sell?   I'm looking at your Aaron Welch....

Re: [Chugalug] Looking for cheap PCIe SAS controller card

Alex Smith (K4RNT)
Newegg has a Supermicro SAS 6Gbps RAID controller for dirt cheap, you'll just have to remove the backing plate, it's on backwards compared to normal PCI-E cards.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 3:07 PM Aaron welch <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have one, but I am out of town at the moment.

-Aaron

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Oct 10, 2018, at 5:00 PM, Michael Ward <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone got some used ones to sell?   I'm looking at your Aaron Welch....

Re: [Chugalug] Looking for cheap PCIe SAS controller card

Jonathan Calloway-2
You may also have to remove that one small chip. . . It’s as small as a grain of rice, and you’ll have to get out the magnifying glass and teasers, but it’s on everything SuperMicro makes, and it will transmit EVERYTHING that goes through that card to CHINA!!!!!!

<JC>

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 10, 2018, at 8:48 PM, Alex Smith (K4RNT) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Newegg has a Supermicro SAS 6Gbps RAID controller for dirt cheap, you'll just have to remove the backing plate, it's on backwards compared to normal PCI-E cards.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 3:07 PM Aaron welch <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have one, but I am out of town at the moment.

-Aaron

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Oct 10, 2018, at 5:00 PM, Michael Ward <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone got some used ones to sell?   I'm looking at your Aaron Welch....

Re: [Chugalug] Looking for cheap PCIe SAS controller card

Andy Burnett
They told me that was a feature though.

--
Sent from: http://chugalug.1100489.n5.nabble.com/