[Chugalug] Looking for infosec speaker(s)

[Chugalug] Looking for infosec speaker(s)

Jon Nyx
Howdy folks,

I have a friend at Marshall Space Flight Center who is putting
together a small conference dealing with power grid defense. He's
looking for "a cyber security speaker" or two ("gray hat like"),
especially if they're with EPB and/or TVA.

The event is August 9-12, in Huntsville, AL; same week as DefCon unfortunately:
http://www.powergriddefense.org/

Contact me offlist if interested & I'll put you in touch with the organizers.

~~Dru/jonnyX

Re: [Chugalug] Looking for infosec speaker(s)

Mike Harrison-4
Have him post to dc423. Might be some good people not at Defcon.

Or he can contact me and I will proxy.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018, 18:37 Jon Nyx <[hidden email]> wrote:
Howdy folks,

I have a friend at Marshall Space Flight Center who is putting
together a small conference dealing with power grid defense. He's
looking for "a cyber security speaker" or two ("gray hat like"),
especially if they're with EPB and/or TVA.

The event is August 9-12, in Huntsville, AL; same week as DefCon unfortunately:
http://www.powergriddefense.org/

Contact me offlist if interested & I'll put you in touch with the organizers.

~~Dru/jonnyX

Re: [Chugalug] Looking for infosec speaker(s)

John Dills
“one of the heads of cyber security”

If it’s who I think you’re talking about, he’s a good man.

Also, OT: I met some of your team at a FEMA cybersecurity training earlier this year. Cool folks.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 6, 2018, at 8:03 PM, David White <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Er, no. I'm the guy who started PhreakNIC back in the 1990s. I've
since disowned it, and cannot recommend the local 2600 scene.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 10:22 PM, Alex Smith (K4RNT)
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Try reaching out to SE 2600 Organization.
~snip~