[Chugalug] NVR + IP CAM

Dave Brockman
It seems like it's been about half a decade, so let's revisit the topic.
 Anyone have success with OSS NVR software with a list of working
cameras?  I am looking for 1080pish, two-way audio, PTZ, standard PoE in
hardware, software that works with the cameras in software :)  App plus,
not as important as working web interface.  Zoneminder and iSpy appear
to still be the most active?

Thoughts?

Re: [Chugalug] NVR + IP CAM

Aaron welch
Zoneminder is my go to choice.

-AW

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 17, 2017, at 7:55 PM, Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It seems like it's been about half a decade, so let's revisit the topic.
> Anyone have success with OSS NVR software with a list of working
> cameras?  I am looking for 1080pish, two-way audio, PTZ, standard PoE in
> hardware, software that works with the cameras in software :)  App plus,
> not as important as working web interface.  Zoneminder and iSpy appear
> to still be the most active?
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> dtb

Re: [Chugalug] NVR + IP CAM

Joshua Hughes
I use zoneminder, but I'm not really satisfied with it.  No audio and if you prefer video to a gazillion individual jpgs, it's not as sleek and requires more setup/processing.  I use foscam IP cameras mostly, but the HD versions require a plugin for your browser to configure which seems to only work in windows.  Only 1 of the 7 I've had have failed over about 8 years and while foscam offered to repair it, paying for shipping back and forth as well as the repair cost made it less than desirable.

--Joshua