[Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

12

[Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Randy Yates
If you want to watch Netflix in Ubuntu, give this a shot. It works well for me.

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Sean Brewer
This works perfectly. Thanks!

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Randy Yates <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you want to watch Netflix in Ubuntu, give this a shot. It works well for me.

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

This reminds me of the days of ndiswrapper... So glad those are gone.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Randy Yates <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you want to watch Netflix in Ubuntu, give this a shot. It works well for me.

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Unkmar

let silverlight die

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Stephen Kraus

It will be soon. Netfli X is switching to HTML5

On Oct 12, 2013 10:50 AM, "Unkmar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

let silverlight die

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Lynn Dixon
Unfortunately, their switch to HTML5 only works with Internet Explorer's edition of HTML5 extensions.  It will only work in IE11 and higher browsers.  They are calling it "HTML5 Premium Video Extensions"

Now, that does'nt mean that in the near future that the FOSS world may see those extensions.  But I will he honest and say that I am not very hopeful this will happen soon.

Which sucks.  There are alot of Microsoft board members that also sit on Netflix's board.

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

It will be soon. Netfli X is switching to HTML5

On Oct 12, 2013 10:50 AM, "Unkmar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

let silverlight die

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

James Nylen
I'm willing to avoid consuming services from businesses like this, even if they do provide useful features.

Netflix seems to think they have a lot to lose by allowing the Linux crowd to view their content.  I think they're wrong.  If they would provide a quality subscription that used open standards and worked on Linux, I'd give them money each month.

As it is, I'm missing out on such quality programming as "True Justice" starring Steven Seagal, "The Secret Life of the American Teenager", "Melrose Place", and "The Cleveland Show".

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unfortunately, their switch to HTML5 only works with Internet Explorer's edition of HTML5 extensions.  It will only work in IE11 and higher browsers.  They are calling it "HTML5 Premium Video Extensions"

Now, that does'nt mean that in the near future that the FOSS world may see those extensions.  But I will he honest and say that I am not very hopeful this will happen soon.

Which sucks.  There are alot of Microsoft board members that also sit on Netflix's board.

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

It will be soon. Netfli X is switching to HTML5

On Oct 12, 2013 10:50 AM, "Unkmar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

let silverlight die

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Dave, check out Black Adder, Monty Python, Top Gear UK, Downfall, Blacks Books, Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy....lots of good BBC shows for adults.

Lynn, you are right....hopefully Netflix will get their head out of the sand soon. But yes, I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Dave Brockman

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Ed King
I loves me some Netflix.   Halloween is my favorite holiday and I always look forward to all the spooky movies on tv, but...  they play the same old shit that I've seen a million times.  Netflix to the rescue!  Idaho Transfer, Picnic at Hanging Rock, The Last Broadcast, Head Trauma, The Other (not The Others), Manhunter, Lets Scare Jessica to Death, Bloodsucking Freaks, Deathdream, The Machinist, American Psycho, Carrie (the original), The Man Who Fell to Earth, Sisters, And Soon the Darkness, Trick 'r Treat, Black Christmas...  and so many more...   thank you Netflix for such quality entertainment ;)   Just what I need after a long day at McStasi!

I suppose I should care that Netflix doesn't stream to Linux w/o having to jump thru hoops... but...  I don't.  Most of the stuff I like to watch isn't available via streaming.

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

James Nylen
1. BitTorrent
2. BitTorrent
3. ????

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Eric Wolf
? = Plex + SickBeard + Couch Potato + sabnzbd + your favorite usenet provider

Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM, James Nylen <[hidden email]> wrote:
1. BitTorrent
2. BitTorrent
3. ????

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Stephen Kraus
Bittorrent is great and all...but I do tend to purchase shows I like, I'm not just surfing the high seas of piracy and screaming about anarchy and fighting the man. I use Bittorrent like a 'demo'. If I like it, I'll buy it, if I don't, I'll probably never watch it again.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Eric Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
? = Plex + SickBeard + Couch Potato + sabnzbd + your favorite usenet provider

Eric B. Wolf                           <a href="tel:720-334-7734" value="+17203347734" target="_blank">720-334-7734

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM, James Nylen <[hidden email]> wrote:
1. BitTorrent
2. BitTorrent
3. ????

Re: [Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu

Randy Yates
HBOGo...you can watch Game of Thrones streaming right after it airs (or maybe even as it airs).

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM, James Nylen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Google reads my email!

12