[Chugalug] Network help

Med Dement
Have a Asus 3100 with wifi… running and I have gotten a Mx65 Cisco.. that I want to run as the main router and set the Asus up to wifi only…. as  AP.. I have only started to log and check the cloud software for the Mx65.. so Im a little lost as to how to config the Mx65 to send internet to the Asus and let it do the wifi only.. I will do hard wired stuff to the Mx65

anybody ever worked on one of these..??

many thanks..

Med Dement

Re: [Chugalug] Network help

Aaron welch
Turn off DHCP on the ASUS and connect it to the Cisco via one of the switched LAN port(s). Instant AP.

-Aaron

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Dec 26, 2018, at 4:31 PM, Med Dement <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Have a Asus 3100 with wifi… running and I have gotten a Mx65 Cisco.. that I want to run as the main router and set the Asus up to wifi only…. as  AP.. I have only started to log and check the cloud software for the Mx65.. so Im a little lost as to how to config the Mx65 to send internet to the Asus and let it do the wifi only.. I will do hard wired stuff to the Mx65
>
> anybody ever worked on one of these..??
>
> many thanks..
>
> Med Dement

Re: [Chugalug] Network help

Stephen Kraus
3100 supports an AP only mode:

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018, 4:59 PM Aaron welch <[hidden email] wrote:
Turn off DHCP on the ASUS and connect it to the Cisco via one of the switched LAN port(s). Instant AP.

-Aaron

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Dec 26, 2018, at 4:31 PM, Med Dement <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Have a Asus 3100 with wifi… running and I have gotten a Mx65 Cisco.. that I want to run as the main router and set the Asus up to wifi only…. as  AP.. I have only started to log and check the cloud software for the Mx65.. so Im a little lost as to how to config the Mx65 to send internet to the Asus and let it do the wifi only.. I will do hard wired stuff to the Mx65
>
> anybody ever worked on one of these..??
>
> many thanks..
>
> Med Dement

Re: [Chugalug] Network help

Aaron welch
Well isn’t that fancy. ;-)

-A

On Dec 26, 2018, at 5:01 PM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

3100 supports an AP only mode:

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018, 4:59 PM Aaron welch <[hidden email] wrote:
Turn off DHCP on the ASUS and connect it to the Cisco via one of the switched LAN port(s). Instant AP.

-Aaron

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Dec 26, 2018, at 4:31 PM, Med Dement <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Have a Asus 3100 with wifi… running and I have gotten a Mx65 Cisco.. that I want to run as the main router and set the Asus up to wifi only…. as  AP.. I have only started to log and check the cloud software for the Mx65.. so Im a little lost as to how to config the Mx65 to send internet to the Asus and let it do the wifi only.. I will do hard wired stuff to the Mx65
>
> anybody ever worked on one of these..??
>
> many thanks..
>
> Med Dement

Re: [Chugalug] Network help

Med Dement
Will the mx. Share and play ok with that ?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 26, 2018, at 4:59 PM, Aaron welch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Turn off DHCP on the ASUS and connect it to the Cisco via one of the switched LAN port(s). Instant AP.
>
> -Aaron
>
> This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.
>
>> On Dec 26, 2018, at 4:31 PM, Med Dement <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Have a Asus 3100 with wifi… running and I have gotten a Mx65 Cisco.. that I want to run as the main router and set the Asus up to wifi only…. as  AP.. I have only started to log and check the cloud software for the Mx65.. so Im a little lost as to how to config the Mx65 to send internet to the Asus and let it do the wifi only.. I will do hard wired stuff to the Mx65
>>
>> anybody ever worked on one of these..??
>>
>> many thanks..
>>
>> Med Dement

Re: [Chugalug] Network help

Dave Brockman
Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer, as long as your WiFi device bridges the WiFi network to
the LAN network, this scenario should work just fine. It's just a device
to the mx, a device that happens to wirelessly bridge your LAN.

Cheers,

-Dave