[Chugalug] New $10M data center opens in Chattanooga

[Chugalug] New $10M data center opens in Chattanooga

David White-2
Good for business!

I wonder if they'll offer colo... I could be looking for a place in the next couple of years or so.

Founder & CEO

@developCENTS
https://developcents.com

Develop CENTS
Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting for small businesses and nonprofits
Providing: Web Hosting, Technical Support & IT Consulting

Signup to our Newsletter at https://developcents.com/contact/

Re: [Chugalug] New $10M data center opens in Chattanooga

Lynn Dixon
I bet I know who their customer in Dalton is...... :-)

If you need a good Co-lo Peace Communications (VPNtranet) has been spectacular for me. Been with them several years now and never had any issues or outages. Great people to work with as well.

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 2:08 PM, David White <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good for business!

I wonder if they'll offer colo... I could be looking for a place in the next couple of years or so.

Founder & CEO

@developCENTS
https://developcents.com

Develop CENTS
Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting for small businesses and nonprofits
Providing: Web Hosting, Technical Support & IT Consulting

Signup to our Newsletter at https://developcents.com/contact/

Re: [Chugalug] New $10M data center opens in Chattanooga

John Alcock
We got a little more work to do, but I will eventually have a CO-LO/Datacenter in Oneida, TN.

Of course the only advantage of my CO-LO will be that when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, the Datacenter will be protected by the local redneck firepower.

:)

John

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sorry.. Not close to Chattanooga.

In Chattanooga, I would recommend both EPB and Peace.  Obviously you already use Peace.

I left EPB middle of last year.  At the time, they were filling up on CO-LO space.  Last I heard they were going to start remodeling one of the buildings to provide a Lower Cost CO-LO option, but I was never really privy to that information and that very well could of changed since I left.

I am now working at Highland Telephone based in Morgan County.  We are in the process of decommissioning a Nortel Phone switch.  When completed, we will look at opening up a low cost CO-LO.  However, this is a real rural area and not close to Chattanooga.  My plan was to open up a small co-lo for backups and such for the local banks and such.

No thought of pricing, etc at the moment since we are not ready for that.  Honestly, there is not going to be much demand because we are so far away.  However, it may interest a company that wants to have a little geographical diversity from Knoxville or Chattanooga but still have something in the region.

Just google Oneida, TN and you can see how rural we are.  However, I will have 20 Gigs of Bandwidth right now and another 20 come mid may.. Not to shabby!

I am looking at a small CO-LO in Oneida, TN and Wartbug, TN.

John

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mike Harrison-4
> If you need a good Co-lo Peace Communications (VPNtranet) has been spectacular for me. Been with them several years now and never had any issues or outages. Great people to work with as well.

Mention my name (I worked there for a while) for a wide variety of interesting responses.

As there are some telecom heavies on the list, I’d enjoy buying lunch/beer/coffee and talking shop/biz. I’me involved in what is essentially a telecom startup and could use some sanity checks and thwacks on the head. Will be more public about it soon, but http://ring-u.com is the placeholder.

Re: [Chugalug] New $10M data center opens in Chattanooga

Dee Holtsclaw
On 03/02/2017 07:53 PM, Mike Harrison wrote:
>> If you need a good Co-lo Peace Communications (VPNtranet) has been spectacular for me. Been with them several years now and never had any issues or outages. Great people to work with as well.
> Mention my name (I worked there for a while) for a wide variety of interesting responses.
>
> As there are some telecom heavies on the list, I’d enjoy buying lunch/beer/coffee and talking shop/biz. I’me involved in what is essentially a telecom startup and could use some sanity checks and thwacks on the head. Will be more public about it soon, but http://ring-u.com is the placeholder.

Item 2, "... inquiry hust to ..." (presume that should be "just")

Item 3, last two questions feel like they ought to have question marks.

Re: [Chugalug] New $10M data center opens in Chattanooga

Mike Harrison-4

> On Mar 3, 2017, at 6:24 AM, Dee Holtsclaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
> Item 2, "... inquiry hust to ..." (presume that should be "just")
>
> Item 3, last two questions feel like they ought to have question marks.

Thanks. Fixed.

Luckily I’m not doing the main public website. That’s a place holder. :)