[Chugalug] New HAM bands available!

Lynn Dixon
Hey all, I know there are some fellow HAM folks on the LUG so I figured I'd start a thread about this.  Spurring off the previous 10G ethernet thread, I noticed that the FCC has agreed to the ARRL's requests to allow two new bands for us to use.

Thats a band in each of the LF and MF portion of the spectrum!

These new bands are open to Amateur Extra, Advanced and General class licenses. There are some very unique requirements for operating on these bands as well.

The thing that intrigues me the most is the antenna and transceivers for these bands will likely be very expensive and hard to find.

Are any of you guys, or your clubs, looking at doing some work in these new bands?

Re: [Chugalug] New HAM bands available!

Jeremy Gault, KD4NED
I haven't heard of anyone planning on getting into this. Then again, I hadn't heard of the new bands until your post on the other thread.

I'll check around at our local club though. They may not even be aware of it either.