[Chugalug] New book - Zero to Maker

Phil Shapiro

Hi chugaluggers,

 We need copies of this new book in the Chattanooga Public Library.

http://tinyurl.com/mckkxxe

  If someone with a Chatt library card can request it, that would be great.

  Here is what you can make the request.

http://chattlibrary.org/content/patron-request-purchase-library-materials

    If anyone here reviews the book on Amazon.com -- kindly let me know.  Your book review can be text or video.

See for example http://tinyurl.com/kvht6d4

    The pixel dimensions of that video are 320 x 240.  File size 88 MB (must be less than 100 MB).  Duration
about 6 minutes.

      If we had several Chatt reviewers of this book, that would be even better. It's fine in your book review to say,
"Here in Chattanooga, ...."

                  phil

--
Phil Shapiro, [hidden email]
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html

"Wisdom begins with wonder." - Socrates
"Learning happens thru gentleness."

Re: [Chugalug] New book - Zero to Maker

Nate Hill
Thanks Phil:
I really do encourage chugaluggers to take advantage of this service... please, request book purchases and help beef up our collection.
Also, check out some of the great stuff you can access on our research page:
More specifically, in the highlights section:
"Beginning Programming and Consumer Technology eBooks
Covers Java, C#, ASP.NET, MySQL, Ruby, Web development, gaming as well as Microsoft office products, digital photography, social media, PC maintenance, the latest mobile gadgets and more."
And by next week you should be able to access Treehouse content with a library card as well.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Phil Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Keith
Phil:  I've requested this.  Thanks for sending the link!

Nate:  Thanks for the info and everything you guys are doing.  I've always loved libraries but you guys make Chattlibrary a resource way beyond just books.  I appreciate the service you do for the community.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Nate Hill <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This is awesome news, and a great resource for libraries to have. Make sure to post somewhere and then link here when we can do it and how.