[Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

123

[Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Jonathan Calloway
. . . are we going to get the internet back?

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Lynn Dixon
I was beginning to wonder when Chugalug was going to erupt into political talk :-)

You know what... I am going to be optimistic here.  I didn't vote for Trump, nor did I vote for Hillary.  My vote went to someone else.  Im going to stay positive and say "yep...looks like the world isn't ending after all".  My 401k, IRA's and stocks all saw quite a big jump today...Putin is wanting to buddy up with the US in an epic Bromance with Trump, and even Bernie is agreeing with Trump that the ATT merger is a bad thing.

I'm still alive, I put some food in my belly, and the world is still spinning.  Maybe the armageddon won't come with a Trump presidency as so many have predicted after all.

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Jonathan Calloway <[hidden email]> wrote:
. . . are we going to get the internet back?

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Lynn Dixon
If I could somehow swap this soldered on RAM to be 32 gig, I'd stick in a 1 TB SSD and use this "legacy" mac book pro for at least 3 more years.....maybe longer. heh.  I need more than 16 RAM for when I am traveling and need to spin up my lab on my laptop at customer sites for demonstrations.

I can't always VPN out of their networks to get to my colo'd lab, so I keep a basic cloud environment on my laptop.  When I fire up OSE, OSP, Cloudforms, RHV and ESXi  I very quickly run out of RAM. heh.

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Jonathan Calloway <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Keith
The rumor is the 2017 refresh will bring 32gb if intel can get the Cannonlakes out in time.

I was pretty disappointed in the new MBP but more about the memory and the drop in ports and dongle hell. The lack of the physical escape key isn't awful for me bc you can remap the caps lock key to escape which is fine bc I don't use that key anyway.
On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:53 PM Jonathan Calloway <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dave Brockman
On 11/10/2016 6:15 AM, Keith wrote:
> The rumor is the 2017 refresh will bring 32gb if intel can get the
> Cannonlakes out in time.

Which smells a tiny bit because Skylake fully supports > 16GB RAM.

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Rod-Lists
----- On Nov 9, 2016, at 7:24 PM, Lynn Dixon [hidden email] wrote:

> I was beginning to wonder when Chugalug was going to erupt into political talk
> :-)
>
> You know what... I am going to be optimistic here.

I'm not.
A petulant man child who is thin skinned and likes to strike back a perceived slights will soon have  access to post patriot act security establishment.
And the US military command structure.

Guess what? this tree hugging lefty ain't the only one worried.

Intelligence community is already feeling a sense of dread about Trump.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/with-trump-about-to-learn-the-nations-deepest-secrets-a-sense-of-dread-in-the-intelligence-community/2016/11/09/e4206810-a676-11e6-ba59-a7d93165c6d4_story.html

You know hell has frozen over when I agree with George Will and Charles Krauthammer.
And do about Trump we are are in agreement.

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Keith
There is some detail here. Apple chose LPDDR3 to reduce power consumption and Skylake only supports up to 16 for LPDDR3. DDR4 would have given >16 but would consume more power. Or at least that's the official line.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:08 AM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11/10/2016 6:15 AM, Keith wrote:
> The rumor is the 2017 refresh will bring 32gb if intel can get the
> Cannonlakes out in time.

Which smells a tiny bit because Skylake fully supports > 16GB RAM.

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Stephen Kraus

Why are you not worried that a dictator like Putin and Assad love Trump.

And someone like Pence, a man who pushed bills to prosecute miscarriages and jail gays for even applying for marriage certificates.

I wish I could have your positive outlook. But I can't. Trump is bad news. Period.

On Nov 10, 2016 8:28 AM, "Keith" <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is some detail here. Apple chose LPDDR3 to reduce power consumption and Skylake only supports up to 16 for LPDDR3. DDR4 would have given >16 but would consume more power. Or at least that's the official line.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:08 AM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11/10/2016 6:15 AM, Keith wrote:
> The rumor is the 2017 refresh will bring 32gb if intel can get the
> Cannonlakes out in time.

Which smells a tiny bit because Skylake fully supports > 16GB RAM.

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Nick Smith
So did an independent get enough votes to get them in the debates next time?

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Why are you not worried that a dictator like Putin and Assad love Trump.

And someone like Pence, a man who pushed bills to prosecute miscarriages and jail gays for even applying for marriage certificates.

I wish I could have your positive outlook. But I can't. Trump is bad news. Period.

On Nov 10, 2016 8:28 AM, "Keith" <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is some detail here. Apple chose LPDDR3 to reduce power consumption and Skylake only supports up to 16 for LPDDR3. DDR4 would have given >16 but would consume more power. Or at least that's the official line.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:08 AM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11/10/2016 6:15 AM, Keith wrote:
> The rumor is the 2017 refresh will bring 32gb if intel can get the
> Cannonlakes out in time.

Which smells a tiny bit because Skylake fully supports > 16GB RAM.

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

No, but debates are based on polls at the time, not the previous results. The third party goal this time was 5% of the national vote to get federal matching funds for the next election. Gary Johnson with the Libertarians was the closest, but did not pass the threshold.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
So did an independent get enough votes to get them in the debates next time?

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Why are you not worried that a dictator like Putin and Assad love Trump.

And someone like Pence, a man who pushed bills to prosecute miscarriages and jail gays for even applying for marriage certificates.

I wish I could have your positive outlook. But I can't. Trump is bad news. Period.

On Nov 10, 2016 8:28 AM, "Keith" <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is some detail here. Apple chose LPDDR3 to reduce power consumption and Skylake only supports up to 16 for LPDDR3. DDR4 would have given >16 but would consume more power. Or at least that's the official line.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:08 AM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11/10/2016 6:15 AM, Keith wrote:
> The rumor is the 2017 refresh will bring 32gb if intel can get the
> Cannonlakes out in time.

Which smells a tiny bit because Skylake fully supports > 16GB RAM.

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Rod-Lists
Nope.
But may have made a difference Michigan Florida and Arizona.

Good news is maine passed IRV so next election, in Maine at least, you want have to worry about spoiler effect when you vote third party or independent.

Maine Just Voted for a Better Way to Vote
http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2016/11/maine_just_passed_ranked_choice_voting_bravo.html

----- On Nov 10, 2016, at 10:19 AM, nick [hidden email] wrote:

> So did an independent get enough votes to get them in the debates next time?
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Stephen Kraus < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> Why are you not worried that a dictator like Putin and Assad love Trump.
>
> And someone like Pence, a man who pushed bills to prosecute miscarriages and
> jail gays for even applying for marriage certificates.
>
> I wish I could have your positive outlook. But I can't. Trump is bad news.
> Period.
>
> On Nov 10, 2016 8:28 AM, "Keith" < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> There is some detail here. Apple chose LPDDR3 to reduce power consumption and
> Skylake only supports up to 16 for LPDDR3. DDR4 would have given >16 but would
> consume more power. Or at least that's the official line.
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:08 AM Dave Brockman < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> On 11/10/2016 6:15 AM, Keith wrote:
>> The rumor is the 2017 refresh will bring 32gb if intel can get the
>> Cannonlakes out in time.
>
> Which smells a tiny bit because Skylake fully supports > 16GB RAM.
>
> Regards,
>
> dtb

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Rod-Lists
Also key to staying ballots in most states is getting 5% in a statewide race.
The Libbies may meet that on state level. Not sure about the Greens.

In other election news, the Electoral college meets Dec 19th.
Any bets on whether the donald has meltdown between now and then?
Will it matter to the Electors?
At least 23 or 24 states DO NOT bind their electors. And there is some question as to whether state laws that do are constitutional.

----- On Nov 10, 2016, at 10:27 AM, Wil Wade [hidden email] wrote:

> No, but debates are based on polls at the time, not the previous results. The
> third party goal this time was 5% of the national vote to get federal matching
> funds for the next election. Gary Johnson with the Libertarians was the
> closest, but did not pass the threshold.
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Nick Smith < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> So did an independent get enough votes to get them in the debates next time?
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Stephen Kraus < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> Why are you not worried that a dictator like Putin and Assad love Trump.
>
> And someone like Pence, a man who pushed bills to prosecute miscarriages and
> jail gays for even applying for marriage certificates.
>
> I wish I could have your positive outlook. But I can't. Trump is bad news.
> Period.
>
> On Nov 10, 2016 8:28 AM, "Keith" < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> There is some detail here. Apple chose LPDDR3 to reduce power consumption and
> Skylake only supports up to 16 for LPDDR3. DDR4 would have given >16 but would
> consume more power. Or at least that's the official line.
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:08 AM Dave Brockman < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> On 11/10/2016 6:15 AM, Keith wrote:
>> The rumor is the 2017 refresh will bring 32gb if intel can get the
>> Cannonlakes out in time.
>
> Which smells a tiny bit because Skylake fully supports > 16GB RAM.
>
> Regards,
>
> dtb

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

I guess I find it funny that many on the liberal left seem to be figuratively panicking without having any solid reasons to.  It is way to early to start panicking at this point.

I said way back during the primaries that the election was Trumps when the DNC decided to coronate "Queen Hillary".  That was the day the DNC gave the election to Trump.

Now, we have a new President-elect, and we have two very simple choices.  We can be positive and hope this total wildcard will actually make some meaningful changes in a very corrupt Washington (Trump is actually pushing for term limits in Congress), or we can cower in fear and bitch and moan that things didn't go our way.   I done all the bitching and moaning during the primaries when the super corrupt Clinton campaign screwed the rightful candidate out of a possible presidency.

At this point, America has spoken very clearly about their plight for the past 8 years.  A very angry and very upset voting portion of the country came together and decided to end the legacy of "politics as usual".

----- On Nov 10, 2016, at 10:37 AM, Lynn Dixon [hidden email] wrote:
> I guess I find it funny that many on the liberal left seem to be figuratively
> panicking without having any solid reasons to. It is way to early to start
> panicking at this point.

Oh let's see.
1. In effort to end Washington Corruption, Republicans have nominated an ex-casino owner known for his business dealings with Atlantic City and New York Mob figures.
2. A known Malignant Narcissist who has bragged about getting away with walking on underage Miss Teen USA contestants while they were undressing and getting away with it, Was declared Christlike by the head of Liberty Universirty and received support of conservative evangelicals.
3. The Man and a lot people have disturbing East European ties and has stated we should let Russian illegally annex the Crimea and is weak on his support for NATO.

And the party known for Family Values and fighting the Russkies is fine with this.

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

Rod-Lists
Russia Says It Was In Touch With Trump Campaign During The Election

MOSCOW, Nov 10 (Reuters) - The Russian government was in touch with members of President-elect Donald Trump’s campaign staff during the U.S. election campaign, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov told the Interfax news agency on Thursday.

“There were contacts,” Interfax cited Ryabkov as saying. He did not give details.

When asked whether these contacts would now intensify after Trump’s election victory, Ryabkov said: “These working moments and follow-up on this or that matter will depend on the situation and the questions which face us. But we will of course continue this work after the elections.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-russia-in-touch-election_us_582475f5e4b0d9ce6fc0e5f4

----- On Nov 10, 2016, at 10:50 AM, Rod-Lists [hidden email] wrote:

> ----- On Nov 10, 2016, at 10:37 AM, Lynn Dixon [hidden email] wrote:
>> I guess I find it funny that many on the liberal left seem to be figuratively
>> panicking without having any solid reasons to. It is way to early to start
>> panicking at this point.
>
> Oh let's see.
> 1. In effort to end Washington Corruption, Republicans have nominated an
> ex-casino owner known for his business dealings with Atlantic City and New York
> Mob figures.
> 2. A known Malignant Narcissist who has bragged about getting away with walking
> on underage Miss Teen USA contestants while they were undressing and getting
> away with it, Was declared Christlike by the head of Liberty Universirty and
> received support of conservative evangelicals.
> 3. The Man and a lot people have disturbing East European ties and has stated we
> should let Russian illegally annex the Crimea and is weak on his support for
> NATO.
>
> And the party known for Family Values and fighting the Russkies is fine with
> this.

Re: [Chugalug] Now that Trump as been elected. . .

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it is none of the US's business what happens in eastern europe.  Why should we be spending our resources to manage what goes on in that part of the world.  If the nations of Eastern Europe wanted our help, there are proper ways of asking for this help.  We need to keep our politics inside our own borders.

At this point has the world changed from something Trump has done? No. It is way to early to panic.  We have roughly three months before he even takes the office, a lot can happen in that time. We also have 535 people in the legislative branch that has far more control over our future than the president.

The only thing that honestly makes a difference is action.  We have no idea what will happen, and if anyone says otherwise its pure anecdotal speculation that is pretty baseless. At this point all we can defintively say is this: Two days ago, Americans spoke very loudly that they are tired of the status quo and picked a complete wild card for president because their only choices were 1. A somewhat crazy wildcard that promised to change eveerything about the status quo, and 2. a candidate who epitomizes the status quo of a corrupt washington and was so entrenched in it that even after months of leaks proving it, she still somehow ended up getting the nomination.

It's about to get interesting. I just choose to keep an open mind, and positive attitude about it since at this point we can't change the fact that America picked this guy.