[Chugalug] [OT] Chugalug site style broken

[Chugalug] [OT] Chugalug site style broken

Sean Brewer

I don't know if you intended to have extra links in the navbar, but they're making the navbar collide with the content.

Change the inline CSS on the page:

 body {
        padding-top: 60px;
        padding-bottom: 40px;
      }

 body {
        padding-top: 100px;
        padding-bottom: 40px;
      }

 There's other stuff you could probably do, but that's a quickfix.

Re: [Chugalug] [OT] Chugalug site style broken

Mike Harrison
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, Sean Brewer wrote:
> I don't know if you intended to have extra links in the navbar, but they're making the navbar collide with the content.

Thanks for the THWACK.

Pseudo-intentional. "Widget" created top menu links for some extra major
recent categories: GigCity, Library, Meetings and Organization based on
some keyword matches...  Which made the menu bigger than intended in that
CSS.

The proper fix using bootstrap is to not change the CSS, but to change the
HTML in the template.  I changed:

to be:

and it works/looks much better with a lot of menu items.. if you have a
wide browser window.

The menu will automatically shrink back as some articles "age".

And yeah.. this is the fun of slapping together a CMS for a website..