[Chugalug] OT: Introducing our new product

[Chugalug] OT: Introducing our new product

Michael Scholten
Some of you may already know about this but I thought I would give a more general announcement here.

We are announcing our first product which should be released early June. We're not planning on rushing the release date so production and initial programming should take another 20 weeks or so to fully complete. Altogether it should be about 40 weeks in development and assembly. Not to bad considering about 9.5 years in research.

No set names for our product just yet so we're working with temporary names of Baby and sometimes just, It. Gender variable should be set next week.

Feel free to read over the following man page as it will describe the OS for our new product.

To see our current status run the following command:

#!/bin/bash
STAT=$((1 + RANDOM % 2))
if [ $STAT == 1 ]; then
        STATUS="Excited"
else
        STATUS="Terrified"
fi
echo $STATUS

-Michael

Re: [Chugalug] OT: Introducing our new product

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 7:19 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To see our current status run the following command:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> STAT=$((1 + RANDOM % 2))
> if [ $STAT == 1 ]; then
>         STATUS="Excited"
> else
>         STATUS="Terrified"
> fi
> echo $STATUS

My baby programming skills are terrible, I seem to remember something like:

while ($minutesofrealsleep > 10) { $sleepdeprivation++ } ;

Congratulations!

Re: [Chugalug] OT: Introducing our new product

David White-2
Hmmm, it seems my team released a similar product back in November. I think there's enough market out there to go around though.

Mike's comment is probably the closest thing to reality for me right now.

Congratulations, and good luck!

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 8:05 PM, Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 7:19 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To see our current status run the following command:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> STAT=$((1 + RANDOM % 2))
> if [ $STAT == 1 ]; then
>         STATUS="Excited"
> else
>         STATUS="Terrified"
> fi
> echo $STATUS

My baby programming skills are terrible, I seem to remember something like:

while ($minutesofrealsleep > 10) { $sleepdeprivation++ } ;

Congratulations!

Re: [Chugalug] OT: Introducing our new product

Michael Scholten
Thanks and congrats to you as well David. Too bad one can't stockpile sleep...

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 8:22 PM David White <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hmmm, it seems my team released a similar product back in November. I think there's enough market out there to go around though.

Mike's comment is probably the closest thing to reality for me right now.

Congratulations, and good luck!

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 8:05 PM, Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 7:19 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To see our current status run the following command:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> STAT=$((1 + RANDOM % 2))
> if [ $STAT == 1 ]; then
>         STATUS="Excited"
> else
>         STATUS="Terrified"
> fi
> echo $STATUS

My baby programming skills are terrible, I seem to remember something like:

while ($minutesofrealsleep > 10) { $sleepdeprivation++ } ;

Congratulations!

Re: [Chugalug] OT: Introducing our new product

Stephen Kraus
I need an adult!....

...oh wait!

Congrats and welcome to fatherhood! Remember to do some heavy QA/UAT testing.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 9:18 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks and congrats to you as well David. Too bad one can't stockpile sleep...

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 8:22 PM David White <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hmmm, it seems my team released a similar product back in November. I think there's enough market out there to go around though.

Mike's comment is probably the closest thing to reality for me right now.

Congratulations, and good luck!

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 8:05 PM, Mike Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 7:19 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To see our current status run the following command:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> STAT=$((1 + RANDOM % 2))
> if [ $STAT == 1 ]; then
>         STATUS="Excited"
> else
>         STATUS="Terrified"
> fi
> echo $STATUS

My baby programming skills are terrible, I seem to remember something like:

while ($minutesofrealsleep > 10) { $sleepdeprivation++ } ;

Congratulations!

Re: [Chugalug] OT: Introducing our new product

fork yeah!

Re: [Chugalug] OT: Introducing our new product

JustinMcAfee
My wife and I put a similar product into production in July after only a year and a half of research. The child process now consumes most of the system resources and constantly goes into kernel panic between 0200-0400 due to similar I/O issues as described in the man page.

Congrats to all! Let us know if you need anything, we have an excess of pacifiers that were never opened, a bumbo chair, a baby tub, and other baby miscellany.

-jm

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On January 17, 2018 9:13 PM, Ed King <[hidden email]> wrote:

fork yeah!

Re: [Chugalug] OT: Introducing our new product

Andy Burnett
Congratulations, Michael!  Not going to mention how much of the man page I
read before realizing....

It was a late night.

--
Sent from: http://chugalug.1100489.n5.nabble.com/