[Chugalug] OT: Ringgold Telephone (RTC) experiences

[Chugalug] OT: Ringgold Telephone (RTC) experiences

mdquerng
Hi all

I have a customer in North Georgia that desperately needs to move from
Comcast Business to something else specifically with symmetric bandwidth. I
was pleased to find that their location in Fort Oglethorpe was serviceable
with Ringgold Telephone. I was also blown away by their business fiber optic
prices. 250Mbps for $110/month and 1Gbps for $250/month.

Since I have had no prior experience with them as an ISP, I was wondering if
someone in the group has had experience with them and wouldn't mind sharing.
I'm interested specifically in their business service with respect to
reliability as well as support quality and responsiveness when needed.

Best
Mark

--
Sent from: http://chugalug.1100489.n5.nabble.com/

On 2/23/2018 9:04 AM, mdquerng wrote:
> Since I have had no prior experience with them as an ISP, I was wondering if
> someone in the group has had experience with them and wouldn't mind sharing.
> I'm interested specifically in their business service with respect to
> reliability as well as support quality and responsiveness when needed.

I have moved two customers from Comcast to RTC, and never looked back.
I have averaged an outage once every 2 years on both circuits in
question.  I can't speak to Tier 1 support, but if you are dealing with
a business circuit, you normally have contact with someone at the noc to
get your static IP addresses.  I hold onto that contact info, personally.

They also offer affordable colo, like half the cost of EPB's rack space,
and theirs includes power and Internet, where EPB charges those above
and beyond the rack space.