[Chugalug] [OT?] The Last of the PowerPC Macs

[Chugalug] [OT?] The Last of the PowerPC Macs

Chad Smith
Because of another tech list I'm on, I was curious exactly how long it as been since Apple made PowerPC Macs - turns out, just over a decade.

Here's an article on the subject if anyone is interested:

I'm somewhat curious to hear how people people here respond with "Oh, I have a ____, and I still use it for ____." or some such.

Looks at Ed, for no particular reason.

BTW the "MorphOS" mentioned in the article is still apparently a thing.  It was updated less than 10 months ago.

Same goes for TenFourFox

Re: [Chugalug] [OT?] The Last of the PowerPC Macs

I can't say that I use any of my vintage macs for "real work" but I sure as shit enjoy playing with them!    Lately I've been spending a lot of time "restoring" a Quadra 950 with a certain flavor of 'nix

I use a 2014 Macbook every day at work.  Gotta have it for ios app dev.

Re: [Chugalug] [OT?] The Last of the PowerPC Macs

russell c
I have 2 unused Xserve G5s if anyone is interested in them.

I still use the Xserve Intel systems.

-Russell