[Chugalug] OT: (sorta?) Binary Joke/Riddle

[Chugalug] OT: (sorta?) Binary Joke/Riddle

Michael Scholten
Little bit of background first. I added a tag to my account on a sub-reddit some time ago that asked "How many bits does it take to get to the center of a byte." I just thought it was a funny rendition of the owl being asked how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop and congratulated myself for coming up with a clever tag but didn't think about the answer. Someone answered it finally and it was just to perfect so I had to share, or rather, see if you knew the answer.

So, how many bits does it take to get to the center of a byte?