[Chugalug] Offsite Backup Recommendations?

[Chugalug] Offsite Backup Recommendations?

John Alcock
Well,

I have kinda been lazy and have not moved my stuff off of CrashPlan.  Time to do it.

I am going to just DIY it.

I have a datacenter with a couple of TB of space and enough bandwidth to handle my needs.  What are you guys using?

I want to have clients for my windows machines.

So, I have been looking at the following

AMANDA
BACULA
DUPLICATI

Thoughts?

John

Re: [Chugalug] Offsite Backup Recommendations?

Dave Brockman
On 9/12/2018 11:34 AM, John Alcock wrote:
> I have a datacenter with a couple of TB of space and enough bandwidth to
> handle my needs.  What are you guys using?
>
> I want to have clients for my windows machines.

I use Veeam Agent for Windows Free edition for the Windows computers in
my house.  They currently back up to an on-site Synology via CIFS, and
then I replicate the Synology, but if you can VPN to the datacenter, no
reason you couldn't send directly off-site.  To keep it on-topic, there
is also a Veeam Agent for Linux.

Cheers,

-Dave

Re: [Chugalug] Offsite Backup Recommendations?

JustinMcAfee
For the vpn to the datacenter, I would encourage you to check out my previous emails re:wireguard ;)

Sent from ProtonMail mobile