[Chugalug] P2P Network/bridge

David Rucker
Hello,

I am looking to setup a P2P bridge between my house and a small unit on the edge of my property and would like Wi-Fi accessible at that location. I don't want it to be too pricy and prefer ubiquity equipment. I also may want to move to P2MP some time in the future as I have fiber at my house and 2 of my neighbors do not have it available, which this is just a slight thought and not important at all, lol.

I have perfect line of sight and the distance is 1000~1500 feet. I also currently utilize a ubiquity EdgeRouter X and an ac access point in my house.

 I have looked at some things online and found out the following two.

Use 2 NanoStation M2 Locos and an access point. $100 minus AP.

Or

Use 2 NanoBeam M5 16 and an access point. $136 minus AP.

Both of which should be able to handle the distance and speed requirements of the remote location.

However, does anyone have any additional experience, recommendations, or input for this type of setup? I have done little to none, long range P2P networking so I'm looking for some more valid info other then some random blog lol.

Thanks in advance!
David R.

Re: [Chugalug] P2P Network/bridge

Aaron welch
We speced two bridges for a similar project and it was about $280 for the two Ubiquiti bridges.

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Sep 8, 2018, at 11:48 PM, David Rucker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to setup a P2P bridge between my house and a small unit on the edge of my property and would like Wi-Fi accessible at that location. I don't want it to be too pricy and prefer ubiquity equipment. I also may want to move to P2MP some time in the future as I have fiber at my house and 2 of my neighbors do not have it available, which this is just a slight thought and not important at all, lol.
>
> I have perfect line of sight and the distance is 1000~1500 feet. I also currently utilize a ubiquity EdgeRouter X and an ac access point in my house.
>
>  I have looked at some things online and found out the following two.
>
> Use 2 NanoStation M2 Locos and an access point. $100 minus AP.
>
> Or
>
> Use 2 NanoBeam M5 16 and an access point. $136 minus AP.
>
> Both of which should be able to handle the distance and speed requirements of the remote location.
>
> However, does anyone have any additional experience, recommendations, or input for this type of setup? I have done little to none, long range P2P networking so I'm looking for some more valid info other then some random blog lol.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> David R.

Re: [Chugalug] P2P Network/bridge

David Rucker
Hello,

Which units did you decide to go with?

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018, 12:12 AM Aaron welch <[hidden email]> wrote:
We speced two bridges for a similar project and it was about $280 for the two Ubiquiti bridges.

This was sent from my iPhone, so I apologize for any brevity or spelling errors. Siri also hates the southern accent and autocorrect is on a mission to give me an aneurysm.

> On Sep 8, 2018, at 11:48 PM, David Rucker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to setup a P2P bridge between my house and a small unit on the edge of my property and would like Wi-Fi accessible at that location. I don't want it to be too pricy and prefer ubiquity equipment. I also may want to move to P2MP some time in the future as I have fiber at my house and 2 of my neighbors do not have it available, which this is just a slight thought and not important at all, lol.
>
> I have perfect line of sight and the distance is 1000~1500 feet. I also currently utilize a ubiquity EdgeRouter X and an ac access point in my house.
>
>  I have looked at some things online and found out the following two.
>
> Use 2 NanoStation M2 Locos and an access point. $100 minus AP.
>
> Or
>
> Use 2 NanoBeam M5 16 and an access point. $136 minus AP.
>
> Both of which should be able to handle the distance and speed requirements of the remote location.
>
> However, does anyone have any additional experience, recommendations, or input for this type of setup? I have done little to none, long range P2P networking so I'm looking for some more valid info other then some random blog lol.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> David R.

Re: [Chugalug] P2P Network/bridge

Aaron welch
Pretty sure it was the previous generation AirMax/Nanobeam gear. I don’t have access to my notes at the moment.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205197750-airMAX-Which-product-should-I-use-