[Chugalug] Point-to-Point WiFi

Dan Lyke
So the recent hurricanes and, as I live on the West Coast, the North
Korea saber rattling, has me thinking once again about disaster
preparedness which, of course, has me thinking about radio stuff.

My experience with the mapping community, and the local HAM community,
has left me once again believing that in a disaster what we're going to
want is some sort of smarts involving point-to-point IP networks.

Which gets me back to point-to-point Wifi, which gets me to "how do you
put directional antennas on masts". which made me think:

RC servos are pretty easy to interface to... Seems like an active
antenna mount on a mast would help with the difficulties of aiming
something on top of a lightweight tower (where you can't climb up to
aim) and getting the transceivers up high enough to avoid Fresnel zone
effects...

Anyone played with this?

Still need to find someone line-of-site to my house, though.

[Chugalug] job opening

Ed King-2

I put in my 2 week notice this week, which means "we" have a php dev job opening...

http://gratistech.com/careers/

What? You don't know who Gratistech is???   We (mostly) develop/maintain websites for automotive dealerships...  such as longofchatt.com.

I didn't write that job description.   Be sure to ask about the stock options, LOL