[Chugalug] Printing from Windows to Linux

[Chugalug] Printing from Windows to Linux

John Aldrich-3

So I  picked up a Brother laser printer at a pawn shop. Couldn't get it to print under Windows, so before I took it back, I figured I'd try it under Linux. Lo and Behold, after downloading Brother's driver package,  CUPS printed just fine.
Now where I need help - i cant seem to get it to let me print from my Windows boxes. I've Googled,  added/updated Samba, tried manually editing SMB.CONF, etc but there is no joy in Mudville.
I have made sure the Windoze boxen are trying to connect on port 631. Any other suggestions?  If you want to see config files, let me know.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: [Chugalug] Printing from Windows to Linux

Unkmar
I don't know about the brother specifically. But I just did research on Windows 10 drivers for a HP LaserJet 1012. Technically, know drivers. However I've read suggestions of using another, newer model HP printer driver that literally was later reduced to a generic PCL5 driver for that printer. Was also listed as a HP universal driver. I have known brother printers to use similar drivers. You might try different PCL versions, 4, 5, 6...

No promises, just suggestions.

Lucius L. Hilley III