[Chugalug] Pulling Invoice Data

Ben Romines
Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way that I can receive invoices via email and then use that data to populate google sheets?

The end goal here is to no longer have to manually input the invoice, If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Ben Romines (Lb)
Sous Chef, Main Street Meats
4233150360

Re: [Chugalug] Pulling Invoice Data

mcbb
can you send a sample? are they always in the same format?

> When I receive them they are in html.
>
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019, 6:01 PM Keith <[hidden email] wrote:
>
>> What type of files are the invoices (pdf, xlsx, doc, txt, etc)?
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 08:49 Ben Romines <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am wondering if there is a way that I can receive invoices via email
>>> and then use that data to populate google sheets?
>>>
>>> The end goal here is to no longer have to manually input the invoice,
>>> If
>>> someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Ben Romines (Lb)
>>> Sous Chef, Main Street Meats
>>> 4233150360

Re: [Chugalug] Pulling Invoice Data

Dan Lyke
On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 15:27:19 -0600
[hidden email] wrote:
> can you send a sample? are they always in the same format?
>
> > When I receive them they are in html.

Yeah, this sounds like a job for Perl or Python, and some mail filters.
Give us some examples and we can talk you through this!

Re: [Chugalug] Pulling Invoice Data

Keith
If it’s all google apps (gmail and sheets) I was thinking a google app script would be the best bet. There is an importxml function that can import html into sheets I believe.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 15:30 Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 15:27:19 -0600
[hidden email] wrote:
> can you send a sample? are they always in the same format?
>
> > When I receive them they are in html.

Yeah, this sounds like a job for Perl or Python, and some mail filters.
Give us some examples and we can talk you through this!

Re: [Chugalug] Pulling Invoice Data

Andrew Rodgers-2
Yeah, I've done something like this before with google apps scripting. It's pretty seamless, and the GA APIs have improved a lot since last time I did this.

Andrew