[Chugalug] Question: # of Users on Ubiquiti airMAX Omni

[Chugalug] Question: # of Users on Ubiquiti airMAX Omni

David White-2
Does anyone have any sense on how many users you can feasibly have connected to an airMax Omni antenna at any given time?

I'm finally putting this Ubiquiti Rocket M5 to good use - it's been sitting on my shelf for months, and after "selling" it twice on eBay and it not being paid for, I'm glad to finally get rid of it!!!

I'm helping someone setup a long-range outdoor wireless network, and the airMAX Omni looks like a good fit since it has 360 degree coverage, with a 12 degree beam height.

Founder & CEO

@developCENTS
https://developcents.com

Develop CENTS
Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting for small businesses and nonprofits
Providing: Web Hosting, Technical Support & IT Consulting

Signup to our Newsletter at https://developcents.com/contact/

Re: [Chugalug] Question: # of Users on Ubiquiti airMAX Omni

Bret McHone
Our rule of thumb is about 20 per AP at work, but it all depends on how much bandwidth you need per user amd we are fairly dense.

Also keep in mind that just because a client can hear the AP does not mean the AP can hear the client. Another thing to consider is if clients cant hear each other you will end up with a lot of collisions as usage increases because they couldnt hear the RTS/CST traffic.

Just food for thought.