[Chugalug] Questions re: Site Reliability Engineering

[Chugalug] Questions re: Site Reliability Engineering

Alex Smith (K4RNT)
Greetings, everyone. Long time no see!

I had a call Friday with a recruiter for a tech company here in Seattle for an SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) position, and wanted to know...

Anyone here could give me some suggestions and pointers for someone trying to branch out to SRE from SA (system administrator) work? Is there anything I could do to improve my employability for this position?

To help, the position unfortunately is for a mostly Windows shop, however I hope to advocate for Linux in the back-office. Even if it means running MS SQL Server on Linux. :)

I have experience working with almost every version of Windows Server since NT 4.0. Maybe I can advocate for a MacBook Pro if I luck out and they hire me.

Thanks for the help, everyone. Greetings from Seattle!

Re: [Chugalug] Questions re: Site Reliability Engineering

Alex Smith (K4RNT)
I wasn't aware of this book from Google. I didn't think that O'Reilly would do a book on a specific role.

I know it's a simple RTFM, but thanks for the referral! :)