[Chugalug] SAS Card Recommendations?

Michael Ward
Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced SAS card (PCIe) that understands 4TB+ drives?  I'd be happy with Used if someone has something they'd like to sell.

Re: [Chugalug] SAS Card Recommendations?

Dave Brockman
LSI LSI00301 (9207-8i) can be found for less than $100 these days.  It's
known to work with at least 10TB drives.

Cheers,

-Dave

On 3/18/2019 8:56 AM, Michael Ward wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced SAS card
> (PCIe) that understands 4TB+ drives?  I'd be happy with Used if someone
> has something they'd like to sell.

Re: [Chugalug] SAS Card Recommendations?

Andy Burnett
Echoing Dave on the LSI card.  I use one in my FreeNAS box and it's great.

https://www.amazon.com/LSI-Logic-9207-8i-Controller-LSI00301/dp/B0085FT2JC
<https://www.amazon.com/LSI-Logic-9207-8i-Controller-LSI00301/dp/B0085FT2JC>
or eBay will get you hooked up.

--