[Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

[Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

Rod-Lists
I told my mother not let my kid brother do the update.
But he did and it is a steaming mess with no HD IMAGE backup to fall back to.

So anyone got an legit Win 7 for sale?
wes

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

wes
I do. $20

-wes

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Rod-Lists <[hidden email]> wrote:
I told my mother not let my kid brother do the update.
But he did and it is a steaming mess with no HD IMAGE backup to fall back to.

So anyone got an legit Win 7 for sale?

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

Ed King
fine time to install Linux

 Subject: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License
 To: "Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group" <[hidden email]>

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

Jared Hamilton
Got any extras? I just gave my OEM Windows box to my wife, haven't wanted to
spend the money on Windows 8. Cheapest Windows 7 copy is $99 that I could find.

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 03:09:42PM -0700, wes wrote:
>   I do. $20
>   -wes
>   On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Rod-Lists <[1][hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     I told my mother not let my kid brother do the update.
>     But he did and it is a steaming mess with no HD IMAGE backup to fall
>     back to.
>
>     So anyone got an legit Win 7 for sale?

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

Rod-Lists
Pretty hoss Vista machine that my brother did not backup or upgrade properly.

To ed . She has a kodak printer and to the best of my knowledge t linux doesn't have good support of that.

And it is 67 year old mother here.

> Dors the computer not have the Win 7 key on it?
> On May 24, 2015 5:30 PM, "Rod-Lists" < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> I told my mother not let my kid brother do the update.
> But he did and it is a steaming mess with no HD IMAGE backup to fall back to.
>
> So anyone got an legit Win 7 for sale?

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

Rod-Lists

Sent you my phone #.
> On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Rod-Lists < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> I told my mother not let my kid brother do the update.
> But he did and it is a steaming mess with no HD IMAGE backup to fall back to.
>
> So anyone got an legit Win 7 for sale?

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

Ed King
My mother and mother-in-law are about that age and have been using linux for years  :)      Yeah, it took a bit of training but they had a good, patient trainer.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way to get the Kodak printer to work...

 Subject: Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License
 To: "Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Monday, May 25, 2015, 8:43 AM

 Pretty hoss Vista machine
 that my brother did not backup or upgrade properly.

 To ed . She has a kodak
 printer and to the best of my knowledge t linux doesn't
 have good support of that.

 And it is 67 year old mother here.

 > Dors the computer not have the Win 7 key
 on it?
 > On May 24, 2015 5:30 PM,
 "Rod-Lists" < [hidden email]
 > wrote:
 >
 >
 > I told my mother not let my kid brother do
 the update.
 > But he did and it is a
 steaming mess with no HD IMAGE backup to fall back to.

 > So anyone got an
 legit Win 7 for sale?

wes

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

wes
$20 is my cost on them. I can get as many as needed. I have 2 extras at the moment. I buy them from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

I've been using them for more than a year and rarely have issues. When I do (one time so far), they replace them quickly.

Basically I'm taking the risk of dealing with those unknown people for you and you're trusting me instead of them because I'm a member of this group and there are enough people here who know where I live that I would not want to gather any "negative attention..."

Full disclosure: I live in Portland, OR.

-wes

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Jared Hamilton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Got any extras? I just gave my OEM Windows box to my wife, haven't wanted to spend the money on Windows 8. Cheapest Windows 7 copy is $99 that I could find.
On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 03:09:42PM -0700, wes wrote:
  I do. $20
  -wes
  On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Rod-Lists <[1][hidden email]> wrote:

    I told my mother not let my kid brother do the update.
    But he did and it is a steaming mess with no HD IMAGE backup to fall
    back to.

    So anyone got an legit Win 7 for sale?

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

Michael Scholten

Interesting, I've never seen that subreddit before...

As a side note, I've had my Kodak printer working with mint 13 before I upgraded to 17. Haven't installed it again because I'm lazy and don't print much...

On Mon, May 25, 2015, 3:38 PM wes <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

William D. Roush
Gee I'm always worried of Microsoft revoking licenses due to people just reselling vol/MSDN licenses and whatnot.

You can get datacenter from there for like $50, no way are these forever legit
William Roush

http://www.roushtech.net/blog/

wes

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

wes
Yeah, I had much the same thought process. However I know multiple people who have been using those keys for multiple years without trouble.

My best guess is they're selling individual keys out of a Volume License pack. Which may be _teeeeeechnically_ against the license but for grandma's computer at home, who cares?

Yeah, maybe I wouldn't suggest this to a big corporation that actually cares about being in compliance. They probably have their own volume license agreement anyway.

-wes

On 5/25/2015 3:26 PM, wes wrote:
[...]

Full multi function capabilities?
printing isn't the issue.

> Interesting, I've never seen that subreddit before...
>
> As a side note, I've had my Kodak printer working with mint 13 before I
> upgraded to 17. Haven't installed it again because I'm lazy and don't print
> much...
> On Mon, May 25, 2015, 3:38 PM wes < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> $20 is my cost on them. I can get as many as needed. I have 2 extras at the
> moment. I buy them from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap
>
> I've been using them for more than a year and rarely have issues. When I do
> (one time so far), they replace them quickly.
>
> Basically I'm taking the risk of dealing with those unknown people for you
> and you're trusting me instead of them because I'm a member of this group
> and there are enough people here who know where I live that I would not want
> to gather any "negative attention..."
>
> Full disclosure: I live in Portland, OR.
>
> -wes
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Jared Hamilton < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> Got any extras? I just gave my OEM Windows box to my wife, haven't wanted to
> spend the money on Windows 8. Cheapest Windows 7 copy is $99 that I could
> find.
> On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 03:09:42PM -0700, wes wrote:
>

> I do. $20
> -wes
> On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Rod-Lists <[1] [hidden email] > wrote:
>
> I told my mother not let my kid brother do the update.
> But he did and it is a steaming mess with no HD IMAGE backup to fall
> back to.
>
> So anyone got an legit Win 7 for sale?

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

Jason Brown
Depending on needs, I have had good luck just buying a machine that has a license. For example:  A refurb ATOM PC with 4GB Ram and Win7 pro for $89.

In my current case, I actually used the machine though.

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:28 PM, Rod-Lists <[hidden email]> wrote:

Full multi function capabilities?
printing isn't the issue.

> Interesting, I've never seen that subreddit before...
>
> As a side note, I've had my Kodak printer working with mint 13 before I
> upgraded to 17. Haven't installed it again because I'm lazy and don't print
> much...
> On Mon, May 25, 2015, 3:38 PM wes < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> $20 is my cost on them. I can get as many as needed. I have 2 extras at the
> moment. I buy them from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap
>
> I've been using them for more than a year and rarely have issues. When I do
> (one time so far), they replace them quickly.
>
> Basically I'm taking the risk of dealing with those unknown people for you
> and you're trusting me instead of them because I'm a member of this group
> and there are enough people here who know where I live that I would not want
> to gather any "negative attention..."
>
> Full disclosure: I live in Portland, OR.
>
> -wes
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Jared Hamilton < [hidden email] > wrote:
>

> Got any extras? I just gave my OEM Windows box to my wife, haven't wanted to
> spend the money on Windows 8. Cheapest Windows 7 copy is $99 that I could
> find.
> On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 03:09:42PM -0700, wes wrote:
>

> I do. $20
> -wes
> On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Rod-Lists <[1] [hidden email] > wrote:
>
> I told my mother not let my kid brother do the update.
> But he did and it is a steaming mess with no HD IMAGE backup to fall
> back to.
>
> So anyone got an legit Win 7 for sale?

Re: [Chugalug] SOS NEED WIN 7 Disk and License

Stephen Kraus

All you need is the license anyways, the install disk's authenticity is inconsequential. At the end of the day, all they want is a legal key.