[Chugalug] Screencasting application

Lisa Ridley
Hey Chugalugers — I’m looking for recommendations for screencasting software.  I need to put together a series of training screencasts for some online training for our distributed team as well as for clients, and I’m looking for a good quality screencasting application.  Open source would be great, but I don’t mind paying (within reason, don’t want to take out a second mortgage) for quality software if there is a good Mac application that someone has experience with that is a good value.  I’ll be doing enough that I’m willing to pay for software that will give a good quality screencast with a minimum of effort to learn.  The ability to edit is a must, as well as screen annotations.  My life is not screencasting, so something that’s intuitive and easy to learn is a huge bonus.

Re: [Chugalug] Screencasting application

Joe Freeman
I don't know if it will do everything you're looking for, but I use Jing.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Lisa Ridley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Chugalugers — I’m looking for recommendations for screencasting software.  I need to put together a series of training screencasts for some online training for our distributed team as well as for clients, and I’m looking for a good quality screencasting application.  Open source would be great, but I don’t mind paying (within reason, don’t want to take out a second mortgage) for quality software if there is a good Mac application that someone has experience with that is a good value.  I’ll be doing enough that I’m willing to pay for software that will give a good quality screencast with a minimum of effort to learn.  The ability to edit is a must, as well as screen annotations.  My life is not screencasting, so something that’s intuitive and easy to learn is a huge bonus.

Re: [Chugalug] Screencasting application

"zoom.us" recently impressed me. You can save to several formats.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Lisa Ridley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Chugalugers — I’m looking for recommendations for screencasting software.  I need to put together a series of training screencasts for some online training for our distributed team as well as for clients, and I’m looking for a good quality screencasting application.  Open source would be great, but I don’t mind paying (within reason, don’t want to take out a second mortgage) for quality software if there is a good Mac application that someone has experience with that is a good value.  I’ll be doing enough that I’m willing to pay for software that will give a good quality screencast with a minimum of effort to learn.  The ability to edit is a must, as well as screen annotations.  My life is not screencasting, so something that’s intuitive and easy to learn is a huge bonus.

Re: [Chugalug] Screencasting application

Unkmar

The two most commonly used on Twitch are Xspilt and Open Broadcaster Software (OBS)

On Apr 3, 2017 2:44 PM, "Lisa Ridley" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Chugalugers — I’m looking for recommendations for screencasting software.  I need to put together a series of training screencasts for some online training for our distributed team as well as for clients, and I’m looking for a good quality screencasting application.  Open source would be great, but I don’t mind paying (within reason, don’t want to take out a second mortgage) for quality software if there is a good Mac application that someone has experience with that is a good value.  I’ll be doing enough that I’m willing to pay for software that will give a good quality screencast with a minimum of effort to learn.  The ability to edit is a must, as well as screen annotations.  My life is not screencasting, so something that’s intuitive and easy to learn is a huge bonus.

Re: [Chugalug] Screencasting application

russell c
At work we use Capto from the Apple App Store. It’s $30

[...]

David Mckendrick

I love me some screenflick: http://www.araelium.com/screenflick

- David McKendrick