[Chugalug] So um... PocketBeagle? Wut do?

[Chugalug] So um... PocketBeagle? Wut do?

Chad Smith
[On topic - open source hardware, also, probably going to run Linux]

So i just won a PocketBeagle Board from MicroCenter - and... I don't know what to do with it.

I don't have it yet, I just found out that I won, but I looked into it and.... it's no Raspberry Pi.

I don't see a video out on this thing - or... like *any* "out" whatsoever.

Re: [Chugalug] So um... PocketBeagle? Wut do?

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:03:24 -0600
Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't see a video out on this thing - or... like *any* "out"
> whatsoever.

Have USB? I'd think about applications where you might trigger things
based on image processing. Plug a webcam into it, do some OpenCV magic,
add something like https://www.pololu.com/product/1350 and a couple of
R/C servos, make the creepiest "eyes follow you around the room" doll
ever...

Re: [Chugalug] So um... PocketBeagle? Wut do?

Dave Brockman
On 12/12/2017 5:36 PM, Dan Lyke wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:03:24 -0600
> Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I don't see a video out on this thing - or... like *any* "out"
>> whatsoever.
>
> Have USB? I'd think about applications where you might trigger things
> based on image processing. Plug a webcam into it, do some OpenCV magic,
> add something like https://www.pololu.com/product/1350 and a couple of
> R/C servos, make the creepiest "eyes follow you around the room" doll
> ever...
May I suggest this:

https://www.hackster.io/ken-shirriff/hands-on-with-the-pocketbeagle-a-25-linux-computer-606c66

as a gentle introduction?

Re: [Chugalug] So um... PocketBeagle? Wut do?

Stephen Kraus
Yeah, Beagle can have video out, but it's entirely up to you to do the wiring, most people are using it for embedded headless devices