[Chugalug] SteamOS - The Linux Distro from Valve

[Chugalug] SteamOS - The Linux Distro from Valve

Re: [Chugalug] SteamOS - The Linux Distro from Valve

Just a note for those who have not read the other news stories about this, but it is a bit more than a Distro. Steam has been working with hardware as well as the software.

Also this is announcement 1 of 3 from Valve on Linux with the others coming...

Re: [Chugalug] SteamOS - The Linux Distro from Valve

1 of 3!  ONE OF THREE?!?!?!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!?!?!

1 of 3 is THREE WORDS!  "One" is THREE LETTERS LONG!   3 is actually the NUMBER THREE!!!!!?1?!?!?@?!??@?!

OMG!!! (OMG is three letters)

HALF LIFE THREE CONFIRMEDED!!!!!1111111!1!1!!/!?!!Elevene!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

*dies*

- Chad W. Smith

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Wil Wade <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just a note for those who have not read the other news stories about this, but it is a bit more than a Distro. Steam has been working with hardware as well as the software.

Also this is announcement 1 of 3 from Valve on Linux with the others coming...

Re: [Chugalug] SteamOS - The Linux Distro from Valve

Garrett Gaston
I pretty much quit using Windows three or four years ago and haven't really been able to play any games since then. It just so happens that the original Half-Life was and remains my favorite game and I think it's pretty damn cool that the company that created my favorite game is the first one to adopt Linux and bring it into the gaming world. I'll will definitely be supporting Valve.

Re: [Chugalug] SteamOS - The Linux Distro from Valve

trevor noblitt
They actually talked about the hardware a little today. Pretty interesting. They have been pushing linux for a while now but it's nice to see them put money where their mouth is.

P.S I am very disappointed that they didn't call it a Gabecube.

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Garrett Gaston <[hidden email]> wrote:
I pretty much quit using Windows three or four years ago and haven't really been able to play any games since then. It just so happens that the original Half-Life was and remains my favorite game and I think it's pretty damn cool that the company that created my favorite game is the first one to adopt Linux and bring it into the gaming world. I'll will definitely be supporting Valve.

Re: [Chugalug] SteamOS - The Linux Distro from Valve

Valve is really the only game company worth supporting anymore. Blizzard screwed up with Diablo 3, EA is....EA. Nearly every other original game company has been bought out, most of the titles I like are dead or delayed.

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Garrett Gaston <[hidden email]> wrote:
I pretty much quit using Windows three or four years ago and haven't really been able to play any games since then. It just so happens that the original Half-Life was and remains my favorite game and I think it's pretty damn cool that the company that created my favorite game is the first one to adopt Linux and bring it into the gaming world. I'll will definitely be supporting Valve.

Re: [Chugalug] SteamOS - The Linux Distro from Valve

Alex Smith (K4RNT)
Agreed, Steven.

R.I.P. Sierra On-Line and Dynamix

From: [hidden email]
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:26:30 -0500
To: [hidden email]

1 of 3!  ONE OF THREE?!?!?!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!?!?!

1 of 3 is THREE WORDS!  "One" is THREE LETTERS LONG!   3 is actually the NUMBER THREE!!!!!?1?!?!?@?!??@?!

OMG!!! (OMG is three letters)

HALF LIFE THREE CONFIRMEDED!!!!!1111111!1!1!!/!?!!Elevene!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

*dies*

- Chad W. Smith

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Wil Wade <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just a note for those who have not read the other news stories about this, but it is a bit more than a Distro. Steam has been working with hardware as well as the software.

Also this is announcement 1 of 3 from Valve on Linux with the others coming...

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we’re all damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie, Star Trek: TNG episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)

From: [hidden email]
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:26:30 -0500
To: [hidden email]

1 of 3!  ONE OF THREE?!?!?!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!?!?!

1 of 3 is THREE WORDS!  "One" is THREE LETTERS LONG!   3 is actually the NUMBER THREE!!!!!?1?!?!?@?!??@?!

OMG!!! (OMG is three letters)

HALF LIFE THREE CONFIRMEDED!!!!!1111111!1!1!!/!?!!Elevene!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

*dies*

- Chad W. Smith

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Wil Wade <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just a note for those who have not read the other news stories about this, but it is a bit more than a Distro. Steam has been working with hardware as well as the software.

Also this is announcement 1 of 3 from Valve on Linux with the others coming...

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

Aaron Welch
Chief Mechanic @ Geek Ventures

wes

Re: [Chugalug] SteamOS - The Linux Distro from Valve

wes
I agree, he has accomplished great things considering his disability.

(the one where he can't say the number 3)

-wes