[Chugalug] Why does Comcast hate me?

Dan Lyke
Frustration of the moment: From home, hitting Sonic's name servers, or
anywhere hitting Google's name servers, I can see flutterby.net just
fine. From the bus this morning, and from the Comcast connection at
the coworking space/employer office, any attempt to query for
flutterby.net records is failing.

Flutterby.com works fine. Both are DNSed by Namecheap.

eg:

$ host www.flutterby.com
www.flutterby.com is an alias for scaleways.flutterby.com.
scaleways.flutterby.com has address 212.47.229.131
$ host www.flutterby.net
Host www.flutterby.net not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
$ host www.flutterby.net 8.8.8.8
Using domain server:
Name: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53
Aliases:

www.flutterby.net is an alias for scaleways.flutterby.net.
scaleways.flutterby.net has address 212.47.229.131

Any clues?

Re: [Chugalug] Why does Comcast hate me?

Dave Brockman
On 11/15/2017 6:34 PM, Dan Lyke wrote:
> www.flutterby.net is an alias for scaleways.flutterby.net.
> scaleways.flutterby.net has address 212.47.229.131
>

> Any clues?
>
> Dan

I'm getting mixed results from my tests.  From my personal point of
view, you look fine.  Some tests I run from different websites show
different results.  Have you recently changed NS Delegation for this zone?

--dtb

Re: [Chugalug] Why does Comcast hate me?

Dan Lyke
On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 00:31:25 -0500
Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm getting mixed results from my tests.  From my personal point of
> view, you look fine.  Some tests I run from different websites show
> different results.  Have you recently changed NS Delegation for this
> zone?

Been months if not years (I don't remember when I switched registrars
and therefore DNS, but it's been a while).

Re: [Chugalug] Why does Comcast hate me?

> Any clues?

Russians upgrading their network