[Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

12

[Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

JustinMcAfee
YubiKeys are being given away with subs to WIRED.
$5 or $10 depending on whether or not the link stays active. Fairly inexpensive way to get in to 2FA if you're not already. Link is to my company's fb post, but both links are there. Likely the $5 link (left active from memorial day) is going to go away once they realize its still up.

Justin McAfee, cipher6
PGP Public Key:
https://flowcrypt.com/pub/justinamcafee
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider *
* whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,       *
* foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. *

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

JustinMcAfee
Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

Justin McAfee, cipher6
PGP Public Key:
https://flowcrypt.com/pub/justinamcafee
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider *
* whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,       *
* foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. *

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On July 26, 2018 1:02 PM, Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dave Brockman
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Eric Wolf
I still have my Mt. Gox Yubikey. I wonder if it still works?
Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Aaron welch
Oh the pain upon seeing Mt. Gox mentioned...

-Aaron

Chief Mechanic @ Geek Ventures

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

JustinMcAfee
The ill fated Bitcoin exchange? I'm sure it would still work, just update the credentials on it.

On July 26, 2018 1:25 PM, Eric Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

I still have my Mt. Gox Yubikey. I wonder if it still works?
Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Lynn Dixon
I use a yubikey all the time for work.  And yes, the Mt.Gox yubikey can be repurposed using the Yubikey Personalization Tool software --> https://www.yubico.com/products/services-software/personalization-tools/use/

I MUCH prefer the yubikey Nano's though.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 2:40 PM, JustinMcAfee <[hidden email]> wrote:
The ill fated Bitcoin exchange? I'm sure it would still work, just update the credentials on it.

Justin McAfee, cipher6
PGP Public Key:
https://flowcrypt.com/pub/justinamcafee
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider *
* whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,       *
* foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. *

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On July 26, 2018 1:25 PM, Eric Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

I still have my Mt. Gox Yubikey. I wonder if it still works?
Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Nick Smith
Anyone get theres yet?  I havnt even gotten the wired magazine yet.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I use a yubikey all the time for work.  And yes, the Mt.Gox yubikey can be repurposed using the Yubikey Personalization Tool software --> https://www.yubico.com/products/services-software/personalization-tools/use/

I MUCH prefer the yubikey Nano's though.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 2:40 PM, JustinMcAfee <[hidden email]> wrote:
The ill fated Bitcoin exchange? I'm sure it would still work, just update the credentials on it.

Justin McAfee, cipher6
PGP Public Key:
https://flowcrypt.com/pub/justinamcafee
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider *
* whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,       *
* foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. *

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On July 26, 2018 1:25 PM, Eric Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

I still have my Mt. Gox Yubikey. I wonder if it still works?
Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Michael Scholten
I haven't gotten my key yet either... Thought the subscription was just for the digital articles but I could be wrong.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 9:05 PM Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Eric B. Wolf                           <a href="tel:(720)%20334-7734" value="+17203347734" target="_blank">720-334-7734

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Nick Smith
It was digital and print.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't gotten my key yet either... Thought the subscription was just for the digital articles but I could be wrong.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 9:05 PM Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Anyone get theres yet?  I havnt even gotten the wired magazine yet.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Lynn Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I use a yubikey all the time for work.  And yes, the Mt.Gox yubikey can be repurposed using the Yubikey Personalization Tool software --> https://www.yubico.com/products/services-software/personalization-tools/use/

I MUCH prefer the yubikey Nano's though.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 2:40 PM, JustinMcAfee <[hidden email]> wrote:
The ill fated Bitcoin exchange? I'm sure it would still work, just update the credentials on it.

Justin McAfee, cipher6
PGP Public Key:
https://flowcrypt.com/pub/justinamcafee
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider *
* whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,       *
* foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. *

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On July 26, 2018 1:25 PM, Eric Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

I still have my Mt. Gox Yubikey. I wonder if it still works?
Eric B. Wolf                           <a href="tel:(720)%20334-7734" value="+17203347734" target="_blank">720-334-7734

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Dan Lyke
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 15:11:14 -0400
Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It was digital and print.

I thought there was an option to pay a little more to get the
digital-only subscription. I think I paid for that (though I haven't
yet used it).

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Chad Smith
I haven't gotten mine either

- Chad W. Smith

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 8:19 PM Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 15:11:14 -0400
Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It was digital and print.

I thought there was an option to pay a little more to get the
digital-only subscription. I think I paid for that (though I haven't
yet used it).

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Michael Scholten
I got the $5 subscription and the print magazine just arrived on my desk. Maybe they key will come soon? *crossing fingers*

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 1:49 PM Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't gotten mine either

- Chad W. Smith

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 8:19 PM Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 15:11:14 -0400
Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It was digital and print.

I thought there was an option to pay a little more to get the
digital-only subscription. I think I paid for that (though I haven't
yet used it).

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Nick Smith
I got the print mag today as well.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got the $5 subscription and the print magazine just arrived on my desk. Maybe they key will come soon? *crossing fingers*

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 1:49 PM Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't gotten mine either

- Chad W. Smith

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 8:19 PM Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 15:11:14 -0400
Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It was digital and print.

I thought there was an option to pay a little more to get the
digital-only subscription. I think I paid for that (though I haven't
yet used it).

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Sean Brewer
My Yubikey just came today. So, if you took advantage of this, hopefully yours will be in soon as well.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 6:07 PM Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got the print mag today as well.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got the $5 subscription and the print magazine just arrived on my desk. Maybe they key will come soon? *crossing fingers*

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 1:49 PM Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't gotten mine either

- Chad W. Smith

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 8:19 PM Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 15:11:14 -0400
Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It was digital and print.

I thought there was an option to pay a little more to get the
digital-only subscription. I think I paid for that (though I haven't
yet used it).

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Alex Smith (K4RNT)
Have you been able to put it to use yet? I love my YubiKeys. I've got two of them, a YubiKey VIP and a YubiKey Neo.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:49 AM Sean Brewer <[hidden email]> wrote:
My Yubikey just came today. So, if you took advantage of this, hopefully yours will be in soon as well.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 6:07 PM Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got the print mag today as well.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got the $5 subscription and the print magazine just arrived on my desk. Maybe they key will come soon? *crossing fingers*

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 1:49 PM Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't gotten mine either

- Chad W. Smith

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 8:19 PM Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 15:11:14 -0400
Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It was digital and print.

I thought there was an option to pay a little more to get the
digital-only subscription. I think I paid for that (though I haven't
yet used it).

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Sean Brewer
It came in around lunchtime, so I haven't been able to set it up yet. I have yubikeys already as well, but don't have the yubikey 4. Pretty excited since this one will work with mobile devices.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 2:05 PM Alex Smith (K4RNT) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you been able to put it to use yet? I love my YubiKeys. I've got two of them, a YubiKey VIP and a YubiKey Neo.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:49 AM Sean Brewer <[hidden email]> wrote:
My Yubikey just came today. So, if you took advantage of this, hopefully yours will be in soon as well.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 6:07 PM Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got the print mag today as well.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Michael Scholten <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got the $5 subscription and the print magazine just arrived on my desk. Maybe they key will come soon? *crossing fingers*

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 1:49 PM Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't gotten mine either

- Chad W. Smith

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 8:19 PM Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 15:11:14 -0400
Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It was digital and print.

I thought there was an option to pay a little more to get the
digital-only subscription. I think I paid for that (though I haven't
yet used it).

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Sean Brewer
Actually I don't think the one I got supports NFC. Oh well.