[Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

[Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

JustinMcAfee
YubiKeys are being given away with subs to WIRED.
$5 or $10 depending on whether or not the link stays active. Fairly inexpensive way to get in to 2FA if you're not already. Link is to my company's fb post, but both links are there. Likely the $5 link (left active from memorial day) is going to go away once they realize its still up.

Justin McAfee, cipher6
PGP Public Key:
https://flowcrypt.com/pub/justinamcafee
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider *
* whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,       *
* foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. *

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

JustinMcAfee
Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

Justin McAfee, cipher6
PGP Public Key:
https://flowcrypt.com/pub/justinamcafee
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider *
* whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,       *
* foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. *

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On July 26, 2018 1:02 PM, Nick Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dave Brockman
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Eric Wolf
I still have my Mt. Gox Yubikey. I wonder if it still works?
Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Aaron welch
Oh the pain upon seeing Mt. Gox mentioned...

-Aaron

Chief Mechanic @ Geek Ventures

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

JustinMcAfee
The ill fated Bitcoin exchange? I'm sure it would still work, just update the credentials on it.

On July 26, 2018 1:25 PM, Eric Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

I still have my Mt. Gox Yubikey. I wonder if it still works?
Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Dave Brockman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/26/2018 2:08 PM, JustinMcAfee wrote:
> Odd, I'm see reports on both sides. Some have used the $5 link w/o
> issue. Others are on having to use the 10. Luckily work bought me one of
> the tiny Yubikeys, swore I was going to be forced to use it for server
> admin access, and then abandoned the project out of lack of ability or
> for convenience. EIther way, I ended up with a yubikey nano for free!

$5 link just worked for me.

Regards,l

Re: [Chugalug] YubiKey for $5 plus a years worth of wired.

Lynn Dixon
I use a yubikey all the time for work.  And yes, the Mt.Gox yubikey can be repurposed using the Yubikey Personalization Tool software --> https://www.yubico.com/products/services-software/personalization-tools/use/

I MUCH prefer the yubikey Nano's though.