[Chugalug] Zoneminder Challenges

Dan Lyke
Okay, I can see the RTSP camera in VLC with:

rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.37.124:554/0

(Yes, I'm going to change that password before I deploy). In VLC, I can
see the image from the camera

In ZoneMinder I have my source set up as, in the "General" tab, "Source
Type" as "Remote". In the "Source" tab, I have:

Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Name: admin:admin@192.168.37.124
Remote Host Port: 554
Remote Host Path: /0

And I have the capture dimensions set to the dimensions of the camera
spec (2592x1520).

I get a broken image when click on the "Name", and the "Source" shows
192.168.37.124, sometimes it's green, sometimes red.

Is ZoneMinder the current right thing to use? Is it worth chasing this
further?

Now that I've figured out how to make this camera (Alptop AT-400B), I
like the form-factor and would love to bolt a bunch of these to my
house... (Although I do also have to see what the low-light performance
is like)

wes

Re: [Chugalug] Zoneminder Challenges

wes
On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 4:03 PM, Dan Lyke <[hidden email]> wrote:
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP

My ZoneMinder has the Remote Method set to RTSP/Unicast. You might try all the options to see what works, though I'm sure you have already. Here's a copy of my config page, just in case anything might be helpful to you:

(That is definitely a legit password.)

Is ZoneMinder the current right thing to use? Is it worth chasing this further?

ZoneMinder is the best practice as far as I've heard. If there's something better out there, +1 to wanting to know about it.

-wes

Re: [Chugalug] Zoneminder Challenges

Dan Lyke
On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 00:25:28 -0500
Unkmar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't know what camera you are using. We have one that you can't
> watch from two locations at the same time. So we setup a proxy and
> multiview through it.

I have the Alptop AT-400B.

Current state is that thanks to Wes's suggestion sometimes Zoneminder
shows me the IP address in green, but sometimes it's in red, and I
can't get the monitor to work.

And during this time I am not using anything else to access the camera.