[Chugalug] internet problems

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Chugalug] internet problems

Phil Sieg
So ebay is down/borked, and now I am having random issues elsewhere online.

Anybody know anything?

Phil Sieg
Founder
ring-u llc
www.ring-u.com (coming soon)
[hidden email]

Phone: 423.567.4888
Mobile: 423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Chugalug] internet problems

Lynn Dixon
I was having some weirdness with Youtube videos this morning.  MY EPB speed was fine, even checked across multiple regions across the country, but Youtube had a lot of problems buffering.  

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Phil Sieg <[hidden email]> wrote:
So ebay is down/borked, and now I am having random issues elsewhere online.

Anybody know anything?

Phil Sieg
Founder
ring-u llc
www.ring-u.com (coming soon)
[hidden email]

Phone: <a href="tel:(423)%20567-4888" value="+14235674888" target="_blank">423.567.4888
Mobile: <a href="tel:(423)%20331-0725" value="+14233310725" target="_blank">423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug



_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Chugalug] internet problems

John Dills
Are you guys still having issues? Are you on EPB?

On May 5, 2017 14:18, "Lynn Dixon" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was having some weirdness with Youtube videos this morning.  MY EPB speed was fine, even checked across multiple regions across the country, but Youtube had a lot of problems buffering.  

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Phil Sieg <[hidden email]> wrote:
So ebay is down/borked, and now I am having random issues elsewhere online.

Anybody know anything?

Phil Sieg
Founder
ring-u llc
www.ring-u.com (coming soon)
[hidden email]

Phone: <a href="tel:(423)%20567-4888" value="+14235674888" target="_blank">423.567.4888
Mobile: <a href="tel:(423)%20331-0725" value="+14233310725" target="_blank">423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug



_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Chugalug] internet problems

Lisa Ridley
I had to clear my browser history to see eBay just now.

Yesterday, I was having issues accessing getcomposer.org and packagist.org — it was unavailable for about 4 hours, but coworkers in other parts of the country could get to them, and I could get to them from my server instances in Atlanta, Dallas and NY; however my boss in Paris TN couldn’t get to them either.

I too checked for outages in multiple regions and didn’t see anything significant.

On May 5, 2017, at 3:22 PM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are you guys still having issues? Are you on EPB?

On May 5, 2017 14:18, "Lynn Dixon" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was having some weirdness with Youtube videos this morning.  MY EPB speed was fine, even checked across multiple regions across the country, but Youtube had a lot of problems buffering.  

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Phil Sieg <[hidden email]> wrote:
So ebay is down/borked, and now I am having random issues elsewhere online.

Anybody know anything?

Phil Sieg
Founder
ring-u llc
www.ring-u.com (coming soon)
[hidden email]

Phone: <a href="tel:(423)%20567-4888" value="+14235674888" target="_blank" class="">423.567.4888
Mobile: <a href="tel:(423)%20331-0725" value="+14233310725" target="_blank" class="">423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug



_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug

_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Chugalug] internet problems

Ed King-2
In reply to this post by John Dills

We're on EPB.   I am not familiar with eBay, so I had to Google the correct url, and when I went there I got a white page with two lines of text...




An error occurred while processing your request.


Reference #236.d92333b8.1493996521.714ee25




I was using Firefox on Linux.  I tried with Chrome on MacOs 10.12 and got the "same" error page (altho the error Reference number was different).   I went back to Firefox on Linux, hit F5, got the "same" screen (error Reference number was different).  


Waited a few minutes, hit F5 again, eBay comes up normal.   This eBay thing looks pretty cool, I will have to start using it.






From: Chugalug <[hidden email]> on behalf of John Dills <[hidden email]>
Sent: Friday, May 5, 2017 3:22 PM
To: Cha. Unix Gnu Android Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [Chugalug] internet problems
 
Are you guys still having issues? Are you on EPB?

On May 5, 2017 14:18, "Lynn Dixon" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was having some weirdness with Youtube videos this morning.  MY EPB speed was fine, even checked across multiple regions across the country, but Youtube had a lot of problems buffering.  

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Phil Sieg <[hidden email]> wrote:
So ebay is down/borked, and now I am having random issues elsewhere online.

Anybody know anything?

Phil Sieg
Founder
ring-u llc
www.ring-u.com (coming soon)
[hidden email]

Phone: <a href="tel:(423)%20567-4888" value="&#43;14235674888" target="_blank">423.567.4888
Mobile: <a href="tel:(423)%20331-0725" value="&#43;14233310725" target="_blank">423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug



_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Chugalug] internet problems

John Dills
In reply to this post by Lisa Ridley
Hah! 

Lisa,

So that was a peering issues at Telx Internet Exchange in Atlanta on OVH's end (both of those websites you referenced were). The issue was on their end or TIE's end. Luckily I was able to get to his CEO on Twitter at around 6PM and they bounced their equipment at the TIE and all of OVH's stuff came back up. :) 

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Lisa Ridley <[hidden email]> wrote:
I had to clear my browser history to see eBay just now.

Yesterday, I was having issues accessing getcomposer.org and packagist.org — it was unavailable for about 4 hours, but coworkers in other parts of the country could get to them, and I could get to them from my server instances in Atlanta, Dallas and NY; however my boss in Paris TN couldn’t get to them either.

I too checked for outages in multiple regions and didn’t see anything significant.

On May 5, 2017, at 3:22 PM, John Dills <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are you guys still having issues? Are you on EPB?

On May 5, 2017 14:18, "Lynn Dixon" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was having some weirdness with Youtube videos this morning.  MY EPB speed was fine, even checked across multiple regions across the country, but Youtube had a lot of problems buffering.  

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Phil Sieg <[hidden email]> wrote:
So ebay is down/borked, and now I am having random issues elsewhere online.

Anybody know anything?

Phil Sieg
Founder
ring-u llc
www.ring-u.com (coming soon)
[hidden email]

Phone: <a href="tel:(423)%20567-4888" value="+14235674888" target="_blank">423.567.4888
Mobile: <a href="tel:(423)%20331-0725" value="+14233310725" target="_blank">423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug



_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug

_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug


_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug



_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Chugalug] internet problems

Dan Lyke
In reply to this post by Ed King-2
On Fri, 5 May 2017 19:46:28 +0000
Ed King <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We're on EPB.   I am not familiar with eBay, so I had to Google the
> correct url, and when I went there I got a white page with two lines
> of text...

eBay is working fine from here, AT&T IP connectivity through a Sonic
FTTN account.

Dan
_______________________________________________
Chugalug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug